Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Two visits by Rangers only managed 15,000 each game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976–77_Rangers_F.C._season

When you beat Celtic to Fir Park in April 1977 you managed less than 14,000.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976–77_Celtic_F.C._season

Face facts. We brought a massive support that day. There were over 4,000 locked out.

No-one is saying you didn't bring a big support that day just not as big as CS was claiming back in the day.

Anyways have you not got a semi final to look forward to. 

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

You can work it out from here. http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Prog_Season.php?season=1976

After walloping the current Premier League leaders Dundee Utd in January 4-1 cup fever took hold of the Paisley public. That’s why there was a huge crowd at Fir Park. 

We missed you Captain.....

Crowdwanking is so last year....in fact it kinda disappeared when you did before you reinvented yourself as flabby.

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

You can work it out from here. http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Prog_Season.php?season=1976

After walloping the current Premier League leaders Dundee Utd in January 4-1 cup fever took hold of the Paisley public. That’s why there was a huge crowd at Fir Park. 

Doesn't seem very high. Less than 5000 I think.

Are there any documented cases of this "cup fever". Hospital records or even death notices as this singular event swept through Paisley?

And have you considered it was more of a Cup Pandemic with motherwell also falling foul due to our 3-0 win over Kilmarnock?

34 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Your team are so last century. After all that was the last time you won a major honour. Thirty years since you won anything. 

Thatcher had just left office and the Berlin Wall had only been down a year. Jeezo.

When was it St Mirren last finished above Motherwell?

Congrats on the League cup, I am jealous of that tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

When was it St Mirren last finished above Motherwell?

Congrats on the League cup, I am jealous of that tbh. 

The Berlin Wall was still standing. I know that much. Oh and Thatcher was still in office. THAT long ago....

53 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Can you not even answer some simple questions?

Were you there that day?

Do you have any evidence of higher crowds that season at Fir Park?

I wasn’t there but I heard the roar when we scored from my garden, some roar over the top of 150,000 Saints fans.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

I wasn’t there but I heard the roar when we scored from my garden, some roar over the top of 150,000 Saints fans.

C'mon Ropy you're forgetting the 10,000 who didn't get in.

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

St Mirren are one of those teams that’s support increases when they’re doing well. Which is hardly ever.

Motherwell are one those teams who went into administration and paid their creditors 15p in the £.

It’s called financial cheating. At least Rangers 1872-2012 won some trophies while they were cheating. 

44 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The Berlin Wall was still standing. I know that much. Oh and Thatcher was still in office. THAT long ago....

Thatcher left 10 Downing St in 20th November 1990.

The demolition of the Wall officially began on 13 June 1990. 

Motherwell last won a major Scottish honour on 18th May 1991.

Here ends the history lesson. 

9 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Motherwell are one those teams who went into administration and paid their creditors 15p in the £.

It’s called financial cheating. At least Rangers 1872-2012 won some trophies while they were cheating. 

1/10 for effort

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Thatcher left 10 Downing St in 20th November 1990.

The demolition of the Wall officially began on 13 June 1990. 

Motherwell last won a major Scottish honour on 18th May 1991.

Here ends the history lesson. 

Google is brilliant.

27 minutes ago, Yflab said:

It was interim administration 

20 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

more like 1.5/10

That was just for the face painters, the tax man got his full whack. I think there were further dividends to the creditors over the years but I don’t know the total of what they all got back in the end.