Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Thanks for bringing it to my attention that I've fallen into the Motherwell da' age-bracket 😕  What a depressing start to a Thursday. Looking forward to my first wild take as a Motherwell Da' though. 

I get thoughts all the time noo. I just embrace them. They sometimes slip oot though. 

2 hours ago, dezz said:

Thanks for bringing it to my attention that I've fallen into the Motherwell da' age-bracket 😕  What a depressing start to a Thursday. Looking forward to my first wild take as a Motherwell Da' though. 

I'm old enough now to be a Motherwell Gran-Da' so do I get to make even wilder takes?

52 minutes ago, Well Well said:

From Twitter it appears Declan Gallagher is having signing talks with the dons. Not fussed

We've all known he was offski at the end of the season, so it doesn't feel like a big deal. I think it would be anti-climactic for him if he "only" got a move within our league as I assume he would have been hoping for a couple of years down south to line his pension pot....

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

We've all known he was offski at the end of the season, so it doesn't feel like a big deal. I think it would be anti-climactic for him if he "only" got a move within our league as I assume he would have been hoping for a couple of years down south to line his pension pot....

Aye, there was no scenario where he was going to be here next season anyway.

If the clause kicked in then we'd be doing everything we could to cash in on him, if his contract expired, as everyone was expecting before his agent started leaking to the press, then he'd have been looking to trade up anyway.

We got one outstanding season from him, one mediocre one and a pretty fucking dismal captaincy. Good luck to him.

That said it's a wee shame for Declan if, much like Mark McGhee, his dream move to Celtic hasn't worked out and he's having to settle for Aberdeen. 

13 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's funny how that's three captains in a row that have been impressive before but entirely underwhelming with the armband on. Maybe we should give it to someone who's already been average- Lamie or Crawford or someone- and see if it spurs them on to greatness.

I'm voting for Lawless here.

If you'd asked me last week where I thought he'd move to, Aberdeen would have my first guess. He's form has dropped off (although I thought he played well at Hibs) so less likely to attract interest from England and Aberdeen or Hearts are his likely highest potential payers in Scotland. He'll probably double his money and it's a fairly safe and obvious signing for Glass as a new manager.

Aye Aberdeen is a fine move from Gallagher’s point of view. Probably a 2-3 year deal on double his money and won’t need to move house. Fair play to him, not bad for a guy that was playing L1 a few years ago.

I’m guessing it’s a stick on that SOD will be our captain next year. I’m okay with that, seems a decent guy but more b*****ds will be needed.

Declan Gallagher’s social media interactions with fans this season has been somewhat toxic and he’s shown some contempt for the supporters. Bearing in mind there’s daft supporters at every club, I don’t condone abuse to players though. Can see this being best for both parties as he doesn’t seem content here and if we kept him his feeling of malcontent could disrupt the squad. I’d say we might need to sign a couple of defenders and hope the ones we do have improve to being more reliable. If Kipre came back on loan that would be great though 👍

5 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
8 hours ago, Well Well said:
From Twitter it appears Declan Gallagher is having signing talks with the dons. Not fussed

Would be hilarious if that end up being his "big" move.

Aberdeen's steady "best of the rest" years are due to drop off a cliff I reckon anaw

Edited by Busta Nut

I'll not lie, I genuinely laughed.out.loud when I saw Alexander had won manager of the month considering some of the mile oot takes we've seen recently.

Motherwell fans getting bent out of shape that a manager has the team winning games but not with enough style and panache...what a time.

Edited by capt_oats