Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

.It feels to me as if there was a hangover from finishing 3rd* last season where a group of players got far too ahead of themselves.

I'd agree with that. Last season, Gallagher, Polworth and Long were among our most productive performers. There's a massive drop off in performances and attitude from that trio alone this season.

Top 6 should always be the goal we apply AFTER achieveing safety. So many players seem to think we can stay up just because of previous years have faile dto look at thr likes of Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, Hearts again, etc. They are massive clubs with great sucess but it only took one bad season to put them into trouble. Nothing should be taken for granted, absolutley nothing.

I think we will be fine next season, potentailly better with the European Super League situation happening. English Football is going to be shaken up and money is definetly going to drop. I dont think the monry in the scottish game will chnage all that much but the less spotlight on the Premier league could benefit scotland in multiple ways. I think Graham will be able to sort out the squad, especially since alot of them are due to leave anyways. Lawless has been good and Roberts is definetly someone we should be looking into for another loan or free transfer. Cole i would like to sign again now he is playing in a proper postion and we have O'Donnell who maybe will be better next sesson?

I cant wait to return to Hammerthrowers FC and be in the ground cheering for heavy tackles against our Oppoments.

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The only way I can think of rectifying the likeability problem is by spending whatever's left of the Turnbull money on reuniting Ciftci, Bigi and Kipre

Imagine the fucking scenes when we're doing this every week.

Chris Cadden trying to rule the goal out automatically makes him persona non grata round these parts

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

I think we will be fine next season, potentailly better with the European Super League situation happening. English Football is going to be shaken up and money is definetly going to drop.

You realise it's just a cup competition and the 6 English clubs aren't leaving the league?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You realise it's just a cup competition and the 6 English clubs aren't leaving the league?

The EPL is going to have to think about that though because as soon as one of these sides is out of the running for winning the league they have no incentive to oplay their strongest sides or even try very hard.

They aren't completing for European spots after all.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

they might not be given a choice...14 other clubs meeting tomorrow and UEFA seem pissed off

15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

There is nothing that makes me think this thread will be fun more than when I see Random Guy was the last to post. 

Bustas xExcitement when seeing an RG post: 0.99xE.

Real stats for real people.

Grimshaw coming back from the dead to rattle in a 40 yarder. Still dreaming of the day it finally happens. If it was a last minute winner in a cup final? Absolute pandemonium 

Edited by CSmith

51 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Who would be funniest player to score the winner in a cup final for us? Eddie Nolan thunderbolt? Long scoring a screamer then heading immediately down the tunnel at full-time without collecting his medal?

A last minute Polworth daisy-cutter and he immediately jumps into the crowd* to hug his missus.

*Rangers support