Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If Gallagher wants to be here then I'm happy to have him. That said he clearly doesn't, we'll maybe struggle to find someone who can replicate his 19-20 form but we can easily find an upgrade on him this season.

Is Tom Alfred bored of living in a Covid free paradise yet?

Imagine having nae covid, beautiful sunshine about 330 days of the year AND Tommy Aldred. 

Just no fair is it. 

:lol:

Clearly this is legit Alexander bringing posi vibes about Dunne but by extension it's some dig at Polworth given he was absolutely binned out the squad.

"Going into last week's game we needed a squad full of character, togetherness and personality and Dunney gives us that so we know we can call upon him to play but it's his influence around the group is good and the better characters the more strength that we have in the mindset the better it is on the pitch."

Edit: I see @ropy got there before me.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Declan Gallagher took a hissy fit and the club pandered to him by changing his contract, he never faked an injury. He was just a hissy wee girl about the contract he signed.

Everyone knows it

This. All day long. 

When he signed for us he was 28 and had only played one season in the top flight since his “personal issue” and the contract being extended into a third year was probably his doing as much as the clubs. I initially didn’t think the club should’ve been punished by this, but he’s been lingering around like a bad smell so much lately and been a horrific captain, so I’m now bored of his charade and the sooner we see the back of him the better.

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If Gallagher wants to be here then I'm happy to have him. That said he clearly doesn't, we'll maybe struggle to find someone who can replicate his 19-20 form but we can easily find an upgrade on him this season.

I honestly don't think it can be overstated that our record prior to his "injury" was 1 (ONE) win in 14 (FOURTEEN) - LXLLLLXXLLXXLW = 8 points from 13 league games

In the 9 games without him starting and going with the Mugabi/Lamie and Magloire/Lamie combos we were WLWLLXWWL = 13 points from 9 league games.

It's probably tough to put that all on him but still...it's not a good look.

It also (unintentionally) says a lot that Alexander's out in the press talking up O'Donnell signing and saying we'll move on to talking to more of the players we want to keep at the club while at the same time saying we'll leave any discussion with "Deccy" until summer.

Edited by capt_oats

Does anyone know how the payment works for players who play i the Euros? There's a general assumption that we've used the payment to us to help persuade O'Donnell to stay but what happens with out of contract players?

Does the payment go to the previous club or a new club if he's signed for one even if he's not kicked a ball for them? I'm talking in general principles but obviously this is likely to apply to Gallagher.

Does the player need to play or does just being in the squad mean a payment is made? We've obviously not been in this situation for a long time (if ever) - does Coyne playing for Ireland in the World Cup count?

Lots of questions here but I've no idea how it all works!

19 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Does anyone know how the payment works for players who play i the Euros? There's a general assumption that we've used the payment to us to help persuade O'Donnell to stay but what happens with out of contract players?

Does the payment go to the previous club or a new club if he's signed for one even if he's not kicked a ball for them? I'm talking in general principles but obviously this is likely to apply to Gallagher.

Does the player need to play or does just being in the squad mean a payment is made? We've obviously not been in this situation for a long time (if ever) - does Coyne playing for Ireland in the World Cup count?

Lots of questions here but I've no idea how it all works!

There could maybe be money-spinner in signing loads of North Macedonian squad filler jobbers 

Scotland would be in the Euros no further than the 29th of June. (my guess at best)

When do we usually have players contracts run out?

when does Gallagher's jigged deal run out?