Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Can we do this? Not because of racism or anything, just in general.

My mates wife does the marketing/social stuff for them I am sure. I wonder what she does now?

44 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

My mates wife does the marketing/social stuff for them I am sure. I wonder what she does now?

Putting out the Queen Elizabeth II/Ian Paisley half n' half scarves in the club superstore? 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
4 hours ago, ropy said:
If we win a couple of games we could get a couple of fringe players on the pitch for the run in, could we hit 40 for the season?

Well there's the lesser spotted Nolan for starters.

Nolan, PJ, Devine, Semple and Burrows ?

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Nope, by my count the 35 who have all played league mins will be:

GK: Carson, Chapman, Archer, Kelly (4)
DF: Grimshaw, O'Donnell, Gallagher, Mugabl, McGinley, Lamie, Carroll, Magloire, Johnston (9)
MF: Campbell, Donnelly, Turnbull, Polworth, O'Hara, Crawford, Cornelius, Foley, Maguire (9)
FW: Hastie, Long, Cole, Watt, Lang, Smith, Seedor, Lawleff, Roberts, MacIver, White, Hylton, Robinson (13)

We've used 13 (THIRTEEN) forwards...

giphy.gif

Fuckin love anna kendrick.

Was sitting watching telly with my wife last night. Now, she couldn't have any less interest in football whatsoever, and the extent of her interest in Motherwell stops at me letting her know when there's a game on so she can go and do other stuff.

Randomly, out of absolutely nowhere she asks if I've ever tried Paneer, and she was thinking of picking some up over the weekend.

I swear I could hear the intro to I Will Always Love You begin, and never have I been so happy about one of my life decisions.

Edited by Al B

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've always thought she seems incredibly sound, a celebrity I could definitely be pals with. Anna, if you're browsing this thread, I'm game for a pint+ saag paneer if you are.

Can I recommend the audiobook version of 'Scrappy Little Nobody' - which is essentially 6 hours of the Kendrick telling daft stories and confirming her status as a celebrity you could definitely be pals with.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Randomly, out of absolutely nowhere she asks if I've ever tried Paneer, and she was thinking of picking some up over the weekend.

Secret P&B 'Well thread browser if you ask me - does she ever randomly mention Lionel Ainsworth?

This all feels quite "done deal" but we're holding off until we're safe before officially announcing/confirming.

I mean, I know O'Donnell pretty much said himself he was expecting it to be done soon but it feels pretty un-Motherwell to be using language like this before anything's been confirmed and announced.

"It also shows the ambition that we've got that a current Scotland international is willing to commit themselves to staying at our club. That's testament to the work that everyone at the club does.

He said "I think that all good players want to play with other good players. I don't think they want to be the only one in the group standing out but not winning games.

"For me, the strength of the squad and the team is the most important thing. Without it attracting any other interest, Stephen O'Donnell on his own is an excellent player who I want to keep.

"I would hope that people will see the ambition that we have, and he has, to see good times ahead at Motherwell.

"That will hopefully stand us in good stand when we speak to other players whether they are outside the club or are currently at the club and we'd like to keep them.

"There's statements of intent that you can make throughout the course of the season and when, and if, we sign Stephen then I'll think that's certainly one."

"That was a challenge when I came in early January. We had to try keep players from leaving that we didn't want to leave and we managed to do that.

"The results, in general, have borne fruits from keeping those quality players here. We've just tried to assess who can help us improve next year and who has done a good job for us.

Link

Also, absolutely fair play to him managing to detach heads across Govan by saying he thinks SOD's the best right back in Scotland. :lol:

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Secret P&B 'Well thread browser if you ask me - does she ever randomly mention Lionel Ainsworth?

She's from just outside Belfast so the only sporting chat she ever mentions is Hurling or whatever the f**k that is. 🤷‍♂️

As an aside, I realise his number may just be a for instance but I thought this quote was at least a suggestion of how many of the 18 OOC players and 6 expiring loans he was actively looking to retain:

"There's other players there that we'd like to keep moving forward but it's hard to negotiate with seven or eight players at the same time. We've probably done it in different sections but we've signed Bevis and Robbie who I feel have done really well for me since I came in."

Link

Mugabi and Crawford are done. Both parties have said there's a willingness for O'Donnell to stick around. So that's 3. Cole's the obvious other one in terms of players who have done well for Alexander.

The chat after last week's game was that Alexander wasn't planning to speak to Gallagher about it until the end of the season. I mean, I think we all know how that conversation goes:

“The situation is the same as it was at the end of January, we’ll re-visit it at the end of the season. After a spell out then going away with Scotland he was determined to come back and show what a good centre-half he was today and I think he did that.”

Link