Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I see one of the club employees is still tweeting about fans in stadiums. Now unhappy only 12k are getting in.
The way they are coming across is not impressive and tweets like this
image.png.e31c8b48016665b63c82206214133f2e.png

image.png.216348c6d4dd49a03eadf6c61f1708ea.png

make them look even less impressive.
when replying to someone who mention the actual sad stuff is the deaths and illness involved in this pandemic and not the fact only some fans are getting into the fitba this was the reply
image.png.b9ee1b5667f4f0cf28208b2649efaf6e.png

I don't think this is the first time they've been in the spotlight for similarly foolish tweets. I mean, read the room eh?

I've just had a scroll through this thread and all I will say is

Kim Kardashian People Are Dying GIF

Edited by well fan for life

25 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I've just had a scroll through this thread and all I will say is

Kim Kardashian People Are Dying GIF

I mean, we can't stop people from having terrible opinions but to take @Busta Nut's point on Twitter, I thought we had a club policy against players being fucking idiots on socials. Should that not apply to staff as well.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, we can't stop people from having terrible opinions but to take @Busta Nut's point on Twitter, I thought we had a club policy against players being fucking idiots on socials. Should that not apply to staff as well.

Cannae wait til we double the f**k down on this and appoint Mrs Polworth as the head of social media output. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I see one of the club employees is still tweeting about fans in stadiums. Now unhappy only 12k are getting in.
The way they are coming across is not impressive and tweets like this
image.png.e31c8b48016665b63c82206214133f2e.png

image.png.216348c6d4dd49a03eadf6c61f1708ea.png

make them look even less impressive.
when replying to someone who mention the actual sad stuff is the deaths and illness involved in this pandemic and not the fact only some fans are getting into the fitba this was the reply
image.png.b9ee1b5667f4f0cf28208b2649efaf6e.png

I don't think this is the first time they've been in the spotlight for similarly foolish tweets. I mean, read the room eh?

Apart from anything else - the point about the election is  a fucking awful take - the type normally seen on Union Jack Twitter.

If it was a populist pre-election thing, I hardly think 12k would have been the figure they would land on. The fact that it's only 12k re-assured me of the opposite TBH.

Talking of Twitter - I saw that Alan Burrows with one of his reply guys saying that we've spent more on our squad this year than any other in the 14 years since he's been involved (this was in the context of the guy complaining about the upgrades in the East Stand :1eye). I get that we've had about 100 injuries - but the fact that we've spent that kind of money is kind of depressing when you see the return we've had on the park. 

I think the reason that we've done better than most clubs our size over a period of decades is because we've generally got a good return from our budget - but this season shows what happens when things go the other way.

1 minute ago, Swello said:

Talking of Twitter - I saw that Alan Burrows with one of his reply guys saying that we've spent more on our squad this year than any other in the 14 years since he's been involved (this was in the context of the guy complaining about the upgrades in the East Stand :1eye). I get that we've had about 100 injuries - but the fact that we've spent that kind of money is kind of depressing when you see the return we've had on the park. 

Most of it on fucking goalkeepers.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I think the reason that we've done better than most clubs our size over a period of decades is because we've generally got a good return from our budget - but this season shows what happens when things go the other way.

The P&B Twitter account posted that we've used 35 players this season. 2nd highest in the league.

Given Fox didn't even make it out of pre-season and Dunne hasn't kicked a ball that's a genuinely hilarious number of bodies that we've been carrying.

Even accounting for injuries (and "injuries" - Hiya Declan) I'd guess there's also quite a drop off in minutes played from the players who have been trusted but a bit pish and those who have been fit but nowhere near getting on the park eg: Hastie generally, Seedorf and Polworth under Alexander.

23 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The P&B Twitter account posted that we've used 35 players this season. 2nd highest in the league.

Given Fox didn't even make it out of pre-season and Dunne hasn't kicked a ball that's a genuinely hilarious number of bodies that we've been carrying.

Even accounting for injuries (and "injuries" - Hiya Declan) I'd guess there's also quite a drop off in minutes played from the players who have been trusted but a bit pish and those who have been fit but nowhere near getting on the park eg: Hastie generally, Seedorf and Polworth under Alexander.

Spectacular watching us use 35 players and only about 3 of them being good. 

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Does this count people who have been on the bench but never on the pitch? 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Spectacular watching us use 35 players and only about 3 of them being good. 

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Does this count people who have been on the bench but never on the pitch? 

Nope, by my count the 35 who have all played league mins will be:

GK: Carson, Chapman, Archer, Kelly (4)
DF: Grimshaw, O'Donnell, Gallagher, Mugabl, McGinley, Lamie, Carroll, Magloire, Johnston (9)
MF: Campbell, Donnelly, Turnbull, Polworth, O'Hara, Crawford, Cornelius, Foley, Maguire (9)
FW: Hastie, Long, Cole, Watt, Lang, Smith, Seedor, Lawleff, Roberts, MacIver, White, Hylton, Robinson (13)

We've used 13 (THIRTEEN) forwards...

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats