Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

27 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'd place Haggis Pakora bottom of my list. Any time I've tried it lately it's just so unbelievably dry. I don't feel the Haggis and the batter complement each other very well.

The dryness is definitely a legitimate criticism of the Haggis pakora and pushes it down my list for sure.

45 minutes ago, ropy said:

Unrelated but I don’t do tomatoes.  I have no issues with it cooked in a sauce but it is the wee round squidgy b*****ds themselves that get kicked to the side of the plate.

A good quality tomato with salt is an absolute treat that I've only really started to fully appreciate recently. J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's argument that tomato is the main ingredient in a BLT was an eye opener for me.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Unrelated but I don’t do tomatoes.  I have no issues with it cooked in a sauce but it is the wee round squidgy b*****ds themselves that get kicked to the side of the plate.

And here I thought I was only one...in a sauce...or cooked...I have no issue with...but tomato in their tomato form is an instant boak for me...!!

This could lead on to so many other related debates, however being so late to the party I won't believe that they haven't come up prior in 1229 pages of high quality conversation.

Such as...is there a place for pineapple on a pizza...is it ROASTED or TOASTED Cheese...etc. etc...

Edited by KirkySuperSub

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

A good quality tomato with salt is an absolute treat that I've only really started to fully appreciate recently. J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's argument that tomato is the main ingredient in a BLT was an eye opener for me.

So here I was just enjoying my time watching as the MFC thread on here ascended to the wonderful heady heights of local food review and general munch chat. The inclusion of J. Kenji Lopez-Alt getting thrown in the mix really makes me believe we have ascended to like academia level of culinary mastery. Really excited for the MFC a thread for all seasons cooking show to be released so we can educate the masses about our superior knowledge,

5 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Such as...is there a place for pineapple on a pizza...is it ROASTED or TOASTED Cheese...etc. etc...

Calling @crazylegsjoe_mfc

It's Roasted Cheese. 

Haggis Pakora is magic btw. 

Veg/Chicken/Haggis/Fish all good or perfectly acceptable pakora choices. The Chilli Hut in Motherwell does a Donner pakora which is, interesting. Would have again. 

Mushroom & Cauliflower pakora can get launched into the sea. If this is your chosen pakora, take a walk and find a nice mirror. Upon arrival, take a long, hard look at yourself. 

2 minutes ago, CSmith said:

So here I was just enjoying my time watching as the MFC thread on here ascended to the wonderful heady heights of local food review and general munch chat. The inclusion of J. Kenji Lopez-Alt getting thrown in the mix really makes me believe we have ascended to like academia level of culinary mastery. Really excited for the MFC a thread for all seasons cooking show to be released so we can educate the masses about our superior knowledge,

Some form of P&B Hells Kitchen, where Motherwell fans have the role of Gordon Ramsey, and a selection of fans from other clubs are the contestants.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some form of P&B Hells Kitchen, where Motherwell fans have the role of Gordon Ramsey, and a selection of fans from other clubs are the contestants.

Just @YassinMoutaouakil in a chef’s jacket blasting Hibs fans about wanky chippies and slandering the good name of the Killie Pie while @capt_oats runs around as head waiter feeding the relentless horde of Michelin quality reviewers that are Fir Park’s finest. I’m sold.

13 minutes ago, CSmith said:

Just @YassinMoutaouakil in a chef’s jacket blasting Hibs fans about wanky chippies and slandering the good name of the Killie Pie while @capt_oats runs around as head waiter feeding the relentless horde of Michelin quality reviewers that are Fir Park’s finest. I’m sold.

Excellent idea!
The club have got the chef's uniform sorted...

image.png.588f1df11ce506ae63413d3568477713.png

Basically we're 90% of the way there already

1 minute ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Excellent idea!
The club have got the chef's uniform sorted...

image.png.588f1df11ce506ae63413d3568477713.png

Basically we're 90% of the way there already

Is that club merch? Better than Hearts, what does it cost?

6 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Meanwhile ( sorry to be a spoil sport) back onto footie matters, does anyone have any news on Grimmy  O'Hara , Smith and the rarely spotted Malone?

No idea on Grimshaw, O'Hara, Smith or Nolan but this was a surprise.

IMG_4070.thumb.jpeg.4e0dc53c59b1d54a0f0dc3b17694e9dd.jpeg

39 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

And here I thought I was only one...in a sauce...or cooked...I have no issue with...but tomato in their tomato form is an instant boak for me...!!

This could lead on to so many other related debates, however being so late to the party I won't believe that they haven't come up prior in 1229 pages of high quality conversation.

Roasted

59 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The dryness is definitely a legitimate criticism of the Haggis pakora and pushes it down my list for sure.

I have recently taken to making my own pico de gallo for a topping on nachos.  I have scooped out all the evil goo in the tomato and chopped and used the flesh.  This is a great step forward for me.

1 minute ago, well fan for life said:

I hereby announce the launch of the Binging With Babish Motherwell Supporters Club. 

This is literally the best thing ever to come out of P&B. Sold on this too

Calling [mention=52170]crazylegsjoe_mfc[/mention]
The Chilli Hut in Motherwell does a Donner pakora which is, interesting. Would have again. 

Had this the other night and was pleasantly surprised. The size and quality of their chicken pakora was also impressive.

29 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Meanwhile ( sorry to be a spoil sport) back onto footie matters, does anyone have any news on Grimmy  O'Hara , Smith and the rarely spotted Malone?

Mystery illness, mystery head knock, big & weird, doesn't exist. 

Just about covers it. 

48 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Pineapple on pizza is one of the most abhorrent food choices in the world.

Up there with sweetcorn on anything. I believe anyone who actually claims they like sweetcorn is lying to themselves.

I would choose sweet corn to avoid kale or asparagus.