Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On a tenuous point about Hussain, I know it's been standard all season for #YoungMotherwell to have been training with the first team (regardless of whether he's dropped down the pecking order loaning Semple to Cove but having him in training with us through the week mid-pandemic still seems a weird decision to me) but it seemed to be a bit extra in one of the training photos from last week.

Clearly Alexander has more pressing matters at hand (like not getting relegated - in case that wasn't clear) but when you think about how fucked this season has been for the Academy players it does raise a question about what the plans are for this group as you'd think their development has been massively impacted with no Reserve fitba'.

Also, based on nothing in particular (actually it's his chat about wanting a smaller squad) I kind of get the impression that Alexander may be less wed than Robinson to the "signing raw potential around the 20-23 y/o bracket" policy. 

Exa0D5qWYAkU_dm?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Seems that Eddie Wolecki Black has left the Womens team. Didnt he leave before for thr Celtic Womens team or am i mistaken?

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/03/31/eddie-wolecki-black-departs-motherwell/

I believe Eddie Wolecki Black's Motherwell career looks like this.

awkward bart simpson GIF

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Seems that Eddie Wolecki Black has left the Womens team. Didnt he leave before for thr Celtic Womens team or am i mistaken?

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/03/31/eddie-wolecki-black-departs-motherwell/

I didn't even know he was back and if I did I'd forgotten. I am pretty sure the first time he left it was due to shady moves by him.

Where does this week leave Gallagher for the Euros then? He was the only outfield player who made the bench over the three games but didn’t get any minutes. If it was a fitness thing I’m sure he could have managed the token appearance McKenna got too. I reckon he’ll still make the squad but play backup to Hanley. I wonder if his/our performances, the “gun to his head” and the poorly timed injury is a trio of things that haven’t gone in his favour.

Got to feel for the guy with the timing of that injury, losing his place to the in-form Magloire and missing out on a dream contract extension at the same time when it was so close, and to make it worse he could miss out on the euros. Damn hamstrings. Cruel game. Hope someone picks him up in the summer. 

I have to say I'm struggling to feel sorry for Gallagher. I still get the feeling that he or, more likely, his agent, have been very sneaky the past few weeks/months. If that culminates in him losing his place at the Euros then tough shit.

At least he'll get his big move to Aberdeen or Hibs in the summer.

Just announced by the Motherwell twitter. The Scottish Cup game will be broadcasted via the Motherwell PPV site.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/03/31/next-up-formartine-united-v-motherwell/

Its £12 for the stream and this is separate from the Season ticket holder account. If you only have the season ticket holder account then you will need to make a new one for this stream.

10 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Where does this week leave Gallagher for the Euros then? He was the only outfield player who made the bench over the three games but didn’t get any minutes. If it was a fitness thing I’m sure he could have managed the token appearance McKenna got too. I reckon he’ll still make the squad but play backup to Hanley. I wonder if his/our performances, the “gun to his head” and the poorly timed injury is a trio of things that haven’t gone in his favour.

Hbo Explosion GIF by SuccessionHBO

It’s quite feasible that Gallagher has played this straight but as his issues coincided with (presumably) his agent discussing the clubs use of munitions, he has lost his audience, he has lost his place in Scotland NT, he may have lost the favour of some of the clubs that were looking at him.

Will he play out of his skin against Formartine or will the perambulator be devoid of play things.

Fucking up your chances of representing your country at the first major tournament in 20 plus years is a big ooft. But I'm not sure it's as big an ooft as being shite for an entire season and missing out on a big move only to then blame your current club of which you are captain.

Guest superward

Was always going to be tough for Dec to keep his starting spot regardless of what has/hasn't happened since end of January.

Clarke was essentially forced into playing him due to injuries and then was loyal to him once he was in the team 

Cut to March and you've got Hanley in form for Norwich and people clamouring for Hendry due to form in Belgium. Clarke mentioned pace more than once, so I'm not sure he would have started anyway had he been playing. 

As for Dec playing for us, I've said all along I'd rather he was in the team, than not. I don't really care tbh what he and his agent are up to or not. He's our best defender by far even not at the top of his game so I'd have him in front of a shite loanee from Blackburn in an instant.