Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

What did you call?

He's not refusing anything, He's been a sub recently and coming on.

I am not sure anyone thought we'd get money for him. If he goes to the Euros, Motherwell get money fae the SFA. That's the aim. He'll be leaving for nothing.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I knew they were but typing that made me feel weird.

That day Stevie Hammell retired and I was suddenly older than every player in the squad was an eye opener.

Wait until you're older than the manager...!

At least now Robbo's gone and GA appointed, I can only (just!) say that's no longer the case for me...!

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What have been the reaction if someone told you a year ago that you'd see a Motherwell fullback playing for Scotland skin his Bayern Munich opposite number?

I thought O'Donnell did ok, had a reasonably quiet game but mainly because they didn't use him.

Here's my hot take. O'Donnell was more effective going forward than Robertson for the most part. Robertson's crossing was abysmal.

I said at half time last night that if we had a better left-footed centre half that I would seriously consider benching Robertson. At the moment Tierney looks like a far better option there, he's even making more of an impact down the flanks whilst playing centre half than Robertson does. He seems great at carrying the ball, whereas with Robertson, in my head most of the time I've seen him put a good delivery in it's from running on to someone's pass rather than running with the ball and as a wing-back in a 3-5-2 he does look laboured. I'm not saying he's ever that bad, but for a player of his ilk, he rarely makes a difference.

Edit - meant to add I do think Robertson was a lot better in the second half, as the team were. 

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

The Auchterarder Chippy - Pie and Bov’s affiliated Podcast are runni by a Twitter Poll for Scotland’s Coolest Stadium. Fir park is in danger of losing out so head over to Twitter to see what you can do!  Voting closes in 3 days!