Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Did anyone win anything on that new betting app thing we have?

We were rubbish today. I'm not going to eat until tomorrow. Thought about making pakora too, but that will just have to wait. Going to drink a couple of pints of death wish coffee and complain on twitter.

Said on this thread a couple of weeks ago that the “not changing a winning team narrative” could come back to bite us. I’ve always just found that to translate as “we’re playing a worse player until he fucks up”

I obviously don’t know how Gallagher has trained or what his mood has been like but I bet Alexander is looking at Magloire’s part in at least two goals today and wished he’d played the club captain who is off to join the Scotland squad after the game...

To be fair, we’ve won 1 of the last 14 games Gallagher has started.

This goes much deeper than just him. Have a look at the Accies/St Johnstone double header a few weeks back for example, that was on the back of 3 wins in 4. The lack of professionalism and drop off in standards we saw today is nothing new this season. 

Which is why, and I can’t stress this enough, we need to fire 90% of this squad into the fucking sea.

We're lucky that we probably only need 1 more win to ensure safety. As shite as this team are they've shown they can manage that. Would expect Gallagher to start the next game and probably Mugabi as well. Magloire is still very inexperienced and, regardless of recent performances, Lamie is still Ricki fucking Lamie.

Really poor day at the office and think Magloire should rightly drop out after that today.

We never got going properly and whilst were probably the better team once we scored that was more down to Killie being poor.

Same thing happened the second half but the two sloppy goals killed it.

Result aside, pints of tennents were had, a Killie pie was enjoyed and St Mirren provided the comedy. What a day.

Might order a South Indian garlic chilli.

18 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Really poor day at the office and think Magloire should rightly drop out after that today.

We never got going properly and whilst were probably the better team once we scored that was more down to Killie being poor.

Same thing happened the second half but the two sloppy goals killed it.

Result aside, pints of tennents were had, a Killie pie was enjoyed and St Mirren provided the comedy. What a day.

Might order a South Indian garlic chilli.

I’d almost describe it as a good day

On 19/03/2021 at 13:48, well fan for life said:

I miss Liam Donnelly cynically levelling c***s to stop counter attacks. 

If anyone says "professional fouls are a horrible part of the game" then fight me. They're glorious. 

My personal favourite was Hearts at home in December of the 2019/20 season on the halfway line late in the game. Seem to remember the full Hunter Stand gave him a standing ovation for it. 

58 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

To be fair, we’ve won 1 of the last 14 games Gallagher has started.

This goes much deeper than just him. Have a look at the Accies/St Johnstone double header a few weeks back for example, that was on the back of 3 wins in 4. The lack of professionalism and drop off in standards we saw today is nothing new this season. 

Which is why, and I can’t stress this enough, we need to fire 90% of this squad into the fucking sea.

Alexander coming out post-match and saying that almost verbatim.

They're honest professionals, they're good lads and they work very hard but there's something missing in there because it's not the first time that this has happened when the team has picked up fantastic results and followed by a dreadful one. Which it was today.

I like the cut of his jib tbh.

Spoiler

Edited by capt_oats

33 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Hide contents

Don’t disagree with what he said but if we are that far off it why not use our 5 subs, change it, do something different 

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Tried to have a look at that earlier and it told me I'm in a "blocked country". Fair enough if I was in North Korea, but funny how my Well Society subs get taken every month with no trouble. (Yes, I know, it's a third party offering with different rules, but still...)

I might spin up a VPN later and have another go.

47 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Reveal hidden contents

Aye,I'm a fan of his attitude too. He looked genuinely pissed off, and his post-match was definitely that of a man who knows what a massive job he has on his hands... Get enough of a tune out of this motley crew to garner the couple of points required to keep us up, then even by our usual turnover, a gargantuan task to change it up in the summer. 

By his philosophies and soundbites so far, I think he is the right man for the job and am genuinely intrigued to see what the coming season brings in terms of personel and stye, assuming of course that his current incumbents can scrape us by. 

5 hours ago, rowsdower said:

We were rubbish today. I'm not going to eat until tomorrow. Thought about making pakora too, but that will just have to wait. Going to drink a couple of pints of death wish coffee and complain on twitter.

I managed to finish in joint 2nd, basically decided we would either be brilliant or absolutely terrible today and knowing that if we won today it would virtually ensure our safety - guess which way I picked 

Edited by weemac

On 20/03/2021 at 19:52, 'WellDel said:

Aye,I'm a fan of his attitude too. He looked genuinely pissed off, and his post-match was definitely that of a man who knows what a massive job he has on his hands... Get enough of a tune out of this motley crew to garner the couple of points required to keep us up, then even by our usual turnover, a gargantuan task to change it up in the summer. 

By his philosophies and soundbites so far, I think he is the right man for the job and am genuinely intrigued to see what the coming season brings in terms of personel and stye, assuming of course that his current incumbents can scrape us by. 

He fair bristled at the comment from Grant about having a "cushion" above the relegation spots after the Livi game as well.

I'd like to think that he's learning a bit about the players he'll have under contract next season and also get an idea of what qualities you need to be successful in this league (assuming we stay up etc, etc).

This is possibly the most "Yer Da" take I've ever had but once again that's a shiter of a result off the back of another week of super posi messaging coming from the club.

We've had shouts of Kelly for Scotland, Crawford playing the best football of his career, Roberts promising "more to come" and so on.

Obviously I'm not expecting players to be coming out and telling everyone they're shite and everything's ruined. We'd been on a decent wee run of form and tbqh some of the performances deserved a bit of positivity but I'd be interested to see if for this group of players there's been a correlation between them being talked up and them subsequently falling flat on their faces.

It certainly feels like there has been.

To be clear, we didn't lose because of quotes in the press or because we're apparently here to relentlessly improve people's lives. We were scudded yesterday because we've managed to pull together a bunch of, at best, pretty average players who have proven they can lose (badly) to anyone if they don't turn up.

However, the latest exhibit in social media posts that precede unfortunate events:

IMG_4048.thumb.jpeg.871f9b9abc37a1a0e89047c3799fa50b.jpeg

FWIW: that's not a dig at Ricki Lamie, I don't imagine it's him that's putting the captions up on the club IG posts but it's another example of the totally-tempting-fate sort of content we've been doing and I'd say kind of puts everyone in a pretty fucking awkward position when we ship 4 to the team sitting at the bottom of the league.

Edited by capt_oats