Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The big striker was 7ft + but was a complete and utter huddy. Don't think he won a single header.

And aye Anders Lindegaard signed for Man U shortly after. Fairly certain he was a decent Football Manager signing as well.

United were at Fir Park to watch him, he didn’t think that match was the best showpiece for him but he got the gig.

What was Johnny Page doing so far up the park?

2 hours ago, ropy said:

United were at Fir Park to watch him, he didn’t think that match was the best showpiece for him but he got the gig.

What was Johnny Page doing so far up the park?

From memory, they'd launched literally everyone up for a corner, and Murphy was standing on the centre spot all alone. 

Page had only been on two minutes so just legged it with no one near him.

11 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Dundee kits are also made by Ma9croon so I was 99% sure this was just a template used for Dundees kit in the past. Turns out they have never had a middle stripped shirt in recent years.

I could see this as dundees kit next season ( with their badge and sponsor being applied obviously) but I'm not sure why the women's team needed a new away kit? Is there something in the contract that requires this? I would assume using this seasons kits would have been a better and cheaper option since they already exist and are with the club.

Edit: just tool the time to read the actual news piece and its q charity shirt that was designed by the players in conjunction with YAMS. Might buy it just for that reason.

We tend to have bespoke kits tbf.

3 hours ago, Swello said:

I was (very unusually) in the Cooper for the Aalesunds game - and the view of Page's goal was  brilliant from there I have to say. 

He had a two goal burst against Brechin but I think that was it for him.

4 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

It's mad to think how much Craig Brown favoured Page over Hutchy, looking at where they both are now. I also still can't get my head round how unselfish Murphy was that night passing to him, especially when he had the European goalscorer record to protect.

Did he not get rave reviews and a MOM against Accies at some point or am I just making that up and mixing him up with someone completely different

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Did he not get rave reviews and a MOM against Accies at some point or am I just making that up and mixing him up with someone completely different

As @ropy mentions above, he got a double in a 2-0 league win over Brechin, the only other game I can think of would be the day we beat Aberdeen 1-0 at Fir Park with him beside Adam Cummins (who was making his debut) at centre half. I'm sure Craigan was injured and Hutchy and Clancy were both banned.

10 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

As @ropy mentions above, he got a double in a 2-0 league Cup win over Brechin, the only other game I can think of would be the day we beat Aberdeen 1-0 at Fir Park with him beside Adam Cummins (who was making his debut) at centre half. I'm sure Craigan was injured and Hutchy and Clancy were both banned.

SG announcing that most restrictions will be lifted on 17th May to allow for unbridled celebration of the 30th anniversary of the greatest Scottish Cup final ever the next day.

I am not one for constantly memorialising these events every five years but in case people have no other reason to celebrate the slow path to normalcy, this will do.

Edited by ropy

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Was there not a game against Hibs where Zemmama was running rings round our midfield and McCall sent Page on to basically boot  man mark him?

Absolutely,  When Zemmama was getting subbed he turned to Page and suggested he might as well come off too.