Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Living in Livi and often speaking to Martindale it's interesting that he says Crawford was very unlucky at Livi because he was replaced by the slightly more effective ex Hearts player Holt who impressed on a trial. Martindale was nevertheless full of praise for Crawford saying his only fault was that he tended to " chase the game too much"  rather than being patient.

Meanwhile, Livi fans without exception feel Crawford was never given a chance at Livi. They wish him well at FP.

As an aside Martindale was less praiseworthy of Lawless believing that his best days were behind him and that Alan Forrest was the better of the 2.

Crawford is the glue in our side at the moment.  And if people think we're losing Campbell and then still want to bin Crawford then wow.  

Can understand what Martindale means about his "chasing" though, he suffered from that early with us but seems to have become a lot more disciplined recently.   

What's Forrest's contract scenario? 🤔

55 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He's started most of Alexander's 12 games and I don't think it's a stretch to say he's been a better option in midfield than O'Hara. That's not to say I'd be building my midfield around him but from looking at the teams Alexander has been putting out it's pretty clear who he 'trusts' and who he doesn't - I'd say Crawford's the former at the moment.

I would agree that he has been better on the whole than O'Hara. 

For me, O'Hara's best games are at centre-back or box-to-box midfielder, where it's more about athleticism than technique. I don't think he's a good enough passer of the ball to play as the defensive midfielder. I wonder if maybe he'll get a run as a box-to-box when Campbell is away next season.

2 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Crawford is the glue in our side at the moment.  And if people think we're losing Campbell and then still want to bin Crawford then wow.  

Can understand what Martindale means about his "chasing" though, he suffered from that early with us but seems to have become a lot more disciplined recently.   

What's Forrest's contract scenario? 🤔

Forrest replaced Lawless at Livi when he went to Burton Albion. Martindale added that if anyone is to get the best out of Lawless it's important he is played on right wing.

I suspect Polworth's tea is oot unless he works some miracles between now and the end of the season. Our midfield is currently doing well without him, and since Alexander has come in he's sold the jersey's at Pittodrie as well as having a stinker against St Johnstone. 
I'd bin Polworth tomorrow. He's got Ian Vigurs syndrome in that he does well when the team does well but he completely disappears when things get tough.

Must be an Inverness thing.

17 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I suspect Polworth's tea is oot unless he works some miracles between now and the end of the season. Our midfield is currently doing well without him, and since Alexander has come in he's sold the jersey's at Pittodrie as well as having a stinker against St Johnstone. 

I suspect Polworth has already signed a PCA with either Inverness or Ross County. 

Robinson alluded to players signing PCAs  in his leaving spiel and Polworth's recent tweets about his smile being back soon makes me think he might be one of them.

43 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I get that he's not for everyone but I'm loathe to go in two footed on Polworth as the drop off in him has been massive. It just seems weird.

Whether he's had his eye on a move or maybe he's just had a shite time with lockdown there's clearly been something no' right somewhere as he's gone from one of our best players last season to borderline liability in games this season.

As much as I'm a fan of his I'd agree that his tea's oot.

Tbh, unless there's injuries or suspensions I'd be surprised if we saw much of him between now and the end of the season. For all Crawford's started 10 of Alexander's 12 games, Polworth started Alexander's first 3 games then that's been that after he was sent off at Pittodrie - suspended then unused sub in 7 games. 

He's not featured in any of the games we've won and putting in the performance he did in his one game back in the side against St Johnstone? Fucking hell.

865766809_ScreenShot2021-03-11at16_36_57.png.def90aa3471af6650b20f5eb91fac154.png

Edited by capt_oats

On Polworth, I'm 99% sure I saw him driving through Ravenscraig in a '64 plate Ford Focus which had a wheel trim missing.

I've seen a few of our players cutting about in Mercs etc. Maybe Polworth has chucked it because we clearly don't pay him enough?

51 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

On Polworth, I'm 99% sure I saw him driving through Ravenscraig in a '64 plate Ford Focus which had a wheel trim missing.

I've seen a few of our players cutting about in Mercs etc. Maybe Polworth has chucked it because we clearly don't pay him enough?

I was sure I saw him in a Qashqai the other day.  All wheel trims present and correct as far as I could see.

8 hours ago, Marinello said:

Living in Livi and often speaking to Martindale it's interesting that he says Crawford was very unlucky at Livi because he was replaced by the slightly more effective ex Hearts player Holt who impressed on a trial. Martindale was nevertheless full of praise for Crawford saying his only fault was that he tended to " chase the game too much"  rather than being patient.

Meanwhile, Livi fans without exception feel Crawford was never given a chance at Livi. They wish him well at FP.

As an aside Martindale was less praiseworthy of Lawless believing that his best days were behind him and that Alan Forrest was the better of the 2.

Fair play for listening to Martindale speak for more than a sentence without developing tinnitus

I've never taken to Polworth, He was great on the ball but His set pieces were always dodgy, although we scored from a fair few. He always seemed to look busy bet never doing anything on the defensive side of things too.

What is Yusuf Hussain's ethnicity? It's a wonder you don't see more Asian players.

21 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Suggestion that MacIver may be going on loan to Queens Park. 

Can anybody confirm?

Sky Sports reporter saying he's heading to Thistle.

If so, what can we expect?

Edited by Nightmare

I should add I am a fan of Polworth. Some of his passing and assists last season were *chef kiss*. The drop off this season has been honking though.

It could well be lockdown is a shiter for him. Or maybe he just can't be arsed anymore. Seems to have emptied his toys out the pram since we had to prove that Turnbull's knees exist.