Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, Swello said:

With Motherwell supporter fatalism, I think he's beginning to play too well. I'd imagine any scout watching him would be rubbing their hands....

Or as we all know it to be - the Hastie effect...

Like I said earlier about Jordan Roberts. And throw in Liam Kelly (even though similarly he is not one of ours). 

Based on last few games these are 3 players we would like to retain.

Based on last few games these are 3 players we are unlikely to retain. 

Always a double edged sword for Motherwell FC....

Back to the Mo Ross thing, the whole "Celtic's 9IAR didn't really count as Rangers weren't there for four or five years" absolutely boils my piss. The fucking arrogance of those c***s is unreal. It'll never happen, but I so wish those two clubs would just f**k off. Imagine how brilliant Scottish Football would be without that shitshow every week? 

If Rangers do make it do the end of the season without losing, I look forward to congratulating them on their tremendous 4-game unbeaten season.  Since the rest of Scottish Football doesn't matter a fucking jot to them. 

Now that he's no longer employed by MFC, I can go back to calling Mo Ross a c**t. 

St Mirren fans will always be weirdos, Mo Ross or no Mo Ross. Mo Ross is a c**t, and I make the vow to you now that every time Mo Ross is mentioned in this thread going forward, I will come on simply to call him a c**t. The c**t! 

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:
2 hours ago, Swello said:
With Motherwell supporter fatalism, I think he's beginning to play too well. I'd imagine any scout watching him would be rubbing their hands....

And his agent. I'd like to see Cole here next season but unfortunately I don't think he'll be short of suitors offering more cash.

We'll probably just sign him again next January. 

7 minutes ago, santheman said:

Think that's what put the writing on the wall for him tbh

Aye, mouthing off about Celtic wouldn't have gone down well either.

Like, the club have always been pretty relaxed about certain players and staff having side hustles. McDonald had his BBC stuff, McManus pitched up on CelticTV, Lasley's been on Sportsound semi-regularly, Craigan had his BT gig and Burrows has been on a ton of podcasts but if you're a staff member and the club or manager are having to apologise to other clubs for your patter then it's a bit of a red flag tbh.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Now that he's no longer employed by MFC, I can go back to calling Mo Ross a c**t. 

He always was a c**t.  He gave 1 decent interview where he sounded sensible. Always been a c**t before and after.

15 hours ago, ropy said:

All the chat down south is about an unintentional handball by an attacker leading to a goal being a bad thing, at Motherwell we just punch it to the Decanter and he lays it on a plate for the stroppy one.  What’s not to love.

8 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Also:

Two good reasons on one page why VAR should never be introduced in Scotland. 

20 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, steelmen said:
Your right because in the second one we would have gotten a penalty for the foul on McFadden.

Was that before or after Jamie Langfield brutally head butted John Sutton's elbow?

before and as we know from VAR down south it's what comes first that matters, see Pickford's assault on Van Dyke.

16 hours ago, capt_oats said:

There's yer Liam Kelly saying he'd be up for sticking around. I mean, it's standard loanee chat...but whatevs.

Also here.

Would we be willing to push the boat out to keep Kelly?

Bit like a lot of our January business, it seemed like a short term measure at that time- albeit one that's worked extremely well for both parties. Kelly's obviously been an excellent since signing but if both are fit, is there much difference between him and Carson?

Suppose a lot will depend on how much we feel we can actually rely on Carson. Due to illness, injuries and the form of Gillespie- he's only actually managed more than 25 games once during the last 5 seasons for us and Hartlepool. I can't imagine he'd be happy to spend another season warming the bench, nor would it be financially viable for us to have him do so.

Think I'm right in saying that- Carson, Morrison, Grimshaw, Lamie, McGinley, Carroll, Donnelly, Maguire, O'Hara, Lawless and Watt are the ones signed up for next season.

As things stand, I'd like to keep Campbell, Gallagher, O'Donnell and Cole. I think the first 3 will almost certainly all be away though and the latter's form since Alexander's arrival is making it increasingly unlikely he'll stay with each goal he scores. I've been impressed with Crawford and Roberts of late but I'm not sure I'd be willing to commit to either long term just yet.

The rest, Long and Polworth included, can pretty much get fired straight into the sea.

Edited by Casagolda

Kelly must surely have an outside chance of making the squad for the Euros? He's made the squad before (albeit not under Clarke) and I don't really see that we have any other goalkeepers who are miles better than him.

Marshall will probably be number 1 come the Euros but after that there's a few keepers who could probably say they deserve a place. I don't see Kelly as being any worse than any of them.

Marshall and Gordon would seem like stick ons to be in the squad for the Euros - two top class experienced keepers so fair enough.

For the 3rd keeper spot, there’s absolutely no benefit in taking 33 year old Jon McLaughlin who’s spent 90% of the season on Rangers bench. After that you’ve got Kelly, McCrorie, and MacGillivray who’ve all been in squads relatively recently.

Can’t say I know much about MacGillivray but he’s 28 years old and plays regularly for Portsmouth in League One so assuming he must be semi-competent. McCrorie - I am not a fan whatsoever and he’s been in and out the Livi team this season.

At 25 years old and in excellent form, Kelly should have a good chance of getting the third keeper spot if he keeps up his performances until the end of the season.