Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I have no ill feelings towards Wright. I just find the weirdo Perthshire cult around him to be inexplicable. Like aye he done well but it's hardly like he's the second coming of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Back to football stuff we look like a good team now. Magloire and Lamie making us all look like mugs and even Chrissy Long doing good things. The simple change of swapping Watt & Cole to play the latter as an out & out centre forward has been completely game changing for us.

Also Liam Kelly is a season saving signing. The save at 1-0 was huge. Similar with him bailing out Gallagher last week. 

41 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

I’ve a sneaky feeling TW will keep Killie up. Defies form and logic I know, but think they’ll manage it somehow.

Lafferty is a certainty to score against us. 

For Killie to survive they need to beat a bunch of bottom six teams which is good for us although they could beat us twice!

56 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Except if you knew anything yoy'd know your way of thinking is completely wrong.  You know it's not the Motherwell thing to hire Scottish retreds.  

People said the same when we went with Robbo and County went with Coyle.  

It's like you know, the Motherwell Board actually know what they're doing or something.  🤷‍♂️

I wasn’t criticising at all. When facing a relegation battle as you were in January, the natural choice is the pragmatic one and I think Wright represented that. I don’t think there’s any need for getting your knickers in a twist, I’m only commenting because there were several posts about Tommy Wright earlier in the thread. 

13 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I have no ill feelings towards Wright. I just find the weirdo Perthshire cult around him to be inexplicable. Like aye he done well but it's hardly like he's the second coming of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Back to football stuff we look like a good team now. Magloire and Lamie making us all look like mugs and even Chrissy Long doing good things. The simple change of swapping Watt & Cole to play the latter as an out & out centre forward has been completely game changing for us.

Also Liam Kelly is a season saving signing. The save at 1-0 was huge. Similar with him bailing out Gallagher last week. 

Tommy Wright isn’t the second coming of Ferguson, no, but neither ourselves or Motherwell are Manchester United. Not that  any of this matters, Alexander is doing what’s required to keep you up - I imagine that was his requirement for this season - and will be able to shape the squad the way he wants to in the summer and Callum Davidson has won us a trophy. f**k Tommy Wright, eh lads? 8) 

4 hours ago, Casagolda said:

By my calculations, that’s Alexander now taken more points from his 12 games in charge than we had after 20 when he took over.

Aye, we were on 17 points when Robinson bailed and the week after when Alexander took over.

Here's the league table since he was appointed.

274250620_ScreenShot2021-03-06at21_23_10.png.1f3632cafecf87f285e9618516705326.png

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I wonder if Craig Brown had a word in Jock's ear about that and he passed it onto Alexander.

It would be an act of extreme folly to change it back 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As was said at the time, Nicolson was pretty much best mates with Tommy Wright for a decade.

Quite why Motherwell fans have got so riled up at whats just a puff piece to big up his friend is weird. Just do what Saints fans are doing, and sit back and enjoy him relegating Kilmarnock.

Nice to see you’re still taking Wright leaving you and rocking up at us well. 

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If anyone from the club are reading this, I have an idea for a new Twitter bit. EXTREME FOLEY.

37-Sam-Foley-profile.thumb.png.d205d6e6d5d442f324f7fb77ebf2e718.png

They could Photoshop him standing infront of exploding buildings and stuff

Eddie Nolan could keep busy by singing the theme tune with his sisters.

7 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Nice to see you’re still taking Wright leaving you and rocking up at us well. 

You make it sound like he made that choice, and didn't leave us expecting the NI job, get rejected, then spend the next 12 months scrambling around getting rejections left, right, and centre, before jumping at the first role that was offered to him 😂

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Jordan Roberts : winger or striker?

It is clear that Hearts did not want him. He has been good for us. 

My point being do we drop him now and attempt to get him in the summer or he keeps playing well and Hearts suddenly realise they have a decent player on their books and keep him 🤷‍♂️
Winger...

Edited by welldaft