Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The actual interview with SOD doesn't come across as bad as the written stuff. It seemed more like trying to stay positive and not get dragged into a spiral of negativity.  Nice to hear we have 4 or 5 guys almost ready to come back. The international break will help there too.

49 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

The actual interview with SOD doesn't come across as bad as the written stuff. It seemed more like trying to stay positive and not get dragged into a spiral of negativity.  Nice to hear we have 4 or 5 guys almost ready to come back. The international break will help there too.

5 minute interview and two words were picked out

36 minutes ago, wellinwigan said:

Big Nick doing the damage. Felt bit sorry he didnt make the Final

There were a few contributors to the run that didn’t make the final squad.  Nowadays the bench would be padded out with people who know they aren’t getting on.

39 minutes ago, wellinwigan said:

Big Nick doing the damage. Felt bit sorry he didnt make the Final

My memory (and it's very hazy by now) was that Cusack was a bit of a spent force by the time the final came around - was he not on his way out in fact? Softy on the other hand was brilliant in the Semi and was a great servant for us over a long number of years - and so I always felt most sorry for him as I think it would have meant a lot to him.

Bobby Russell was one of my first favourite players and (even if he was overshadowed by Cooper) was instrumental in us moving from a Hamilton-esque relegation battling side to something better - I would have loved him to get a medal too.

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

My memory (and it's very hazy by now) was that Cusack was a bit of a spent force by the time the final came around - was he not on his way out in fact? Softy on the other hand was brilliant in the Semi and was a great servant for us over a long number of years - and so I always felt most sorry for him as I think it would have meant a lot to him.

Bobby Russell was one of my first favourite players and (even if he was overshadowed by Cooper) was instrumental in us moving from a Hamilton-esque relegation battling side to something better - I would have loved him to get a medal too.

Cusack played the following season think he scored against Katowice. Nearer the end I think he dropped back into central defence. That's where he ended up playing for Swansea. Yes lot of sympathy for Softy also

On 22/02/2021 at 04:53, ropy said:

Watching the first goal back I see that everyone’s favourite scapegoat (certainly mine) Ricki Lamie was blocked by Carroll when he went out to engage the Saints player.  Melamed may have skipped round him anyway but that goal was all about Carroll getting it wrong all over the pitch.

Unimportant but thought I would defend Lamie on this occasion he certainly is in no position to defend himself

Kind of sums up his season...

17 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

We didn’t win on a Wednesday.

Mixed emotions.

Much better performance.

Clean sheet.

Never looked like scoring.

Dropping points to St Mirren shouldn’t be a thing.

And Toby didn’t get a game.

Edited by ropy

Mixed emotions.
Much better performance.
Clean sheet.
Never looked like scoring.
Dropping points to St Mirren shouldn’t be a thing.

We got into good positions quite a few times. Watt twice, Cole and Campbell should have done a lot better with cut backs. Watt’s heavy touch when he would have been one on one was annoying too.