Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Stephen O'Donnell today: "If we don't win it then it's no dramas". Just sums up the mindset in that squad. 
Saw that earlier. Don't know about anyone else but, for me, this has generated a similar level of seethe as Malpas' "that's yer Donald duck" comment.

If I was Alexander I'd be asking O'Donnell to clarify what he meant. He might be trying to portray that the players are calm about the current situation but it reads more like they don't really care or think they're better than they are which is only further supported by some of the performances this season.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Saw that earlier. Don't know about anyone else but, for me, this has generated a similar level of seethe as Malpas' "that's yer Donald duck" comment.

If I was Alexander I'd be asking O'Donnell to clarify what he meant. He might be trying to portray that the players are calm about the current situation but it reads more like they don't really care or think they're better than they are which is only further supported by some of the performances this season.

Aye - in a lot of ways he's completely right - this isn't last chance saloon or anything approaching it - but in terms of "reading the room", after the last couple of games (and his part in it) this is a shocker. 

17 minutes ago, Swello said:

Aye - in a lot of ways he's completely right - this isn't last chance saloon or anything approaching it - but in terms of "reading the room", after the last couple of games (and his part in it) this is a shocker. 

I'm guessing that is is meant to be him trying to say we're all remaining calm. And shit I can absolutely see us losing tomorrow night if we're needing to put another ramshackle team together. But I don't really think the stand in club captain should really be in the press saying it doesn't matter. 

34 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I'm guessing that is is meant to be him trying to say we're all remaining calm. And shit I can absolutely see us losing tomorrow night if we're needing to put another ramshackle team together. But I don't really think the stand in club captain should really be in the press saying it doesn't matter. 

That's if that was what he actually said.

Wouldn't be the first time one of our players has been misquoted or something said taken completely out of context.

51 minutes ago, santheman said:

That's if that was what he actually said.

Wouldn't be the first time one of our players has been misquoted or something said taken completely out of context.

“It's not good but we've got the opportunity to make amends tomorrow night and get three points. 

"If we don't win it then it's no dramas and we are in a position, which isn't where we'd like to be , but it isn't bad and better than where other boys are

"We just need to stay relaxed and together. The full squad can't go and point fingers which hasn't happened. We are disappointed because it isn't good enough."

"If you're saying that because we had two defeats, we are going to get relegated then you need to broaden your horizons because we are in better form out of the bottom four or six."

Edited by ropy

I'd argue the current position IS bad.

And maybe some fingers need to get pointed just so people know they need to improve, and quickly.

Past performances (many of which weren't great but we somehow managed to smuggle some points from) can't be the justification for not trying to improve in the future. 
As I believe The Immortal Bard may have said  "Resting on your laurels gets you dead leaves stuck up your arse"