Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, 'WellDel said:

The whole McGinley situation is just another in a huge pile of wtf's this season.

Surely a guy with 50 or 60 plus first team appearances under his belt merits a go ahead of Magloire who, even accounting for his youth and inexperience, looked absolutely hopeless yesterday. 

In what we've seen of him, he is far from the worst defender on our books, and I would be far more inclined to give him a run in front of Lamie and Mugabi, never mind the young untested boys.

No idea what goes on behind the scenes or how he shows up week to week in training, but somethings obviously awry. 

Baffling situation. 

Not even 50 or 60...he has over100 now given this was as of Feb 3rd. Link

I mean, I know the chat has been he's had difficulty settling up here and that's understandable but given Lamie went through a spell where he was having bombscare moments on the regular it seems odd that he's been this perpetual unused sub figure as for the most part he hasn't done much wrong.

1586158000_ScreenShot2021-02-21at20_00_44.thumb.png.448394dec61ee2d386060d5d5fbd9204.png.

I was under the impression to begin with that he was brought in to partner Gallagher with Lamie being versatile cover, which obviously went out the window when he was at left back and Lamie centre half against Ross County. Mugabi didn’t even make the bench that night. However, with Turnbull left wing and Campbell on the bench I think it’s clear Robinson wasn’t thinking straight that night.

I get the struggling to settle bit and yesterday, I’m willing to give slight benefit of the doubt that he had just came back from concussion and Magloire had trained etc, but if Alexander has watched that yesterday and persists with those two on Wednesday, questions have to be asked.

It’s mad to think how many defensive combinations we’ve tried this season (to little success) yet none of them have featured him in his natural position. 

Surely with each penalty Mugabi has given away, or every heart-in-your-mouth episode from Lamie, somebody should be thinking we could do no worse than give him a shot. 

I don't think Lewis Irons is a Motherwell fan, but his audible terror each time the ball was in or around our box at least makes him an honorary one of us. When your commentators catchphrase is "oh no", you know you're having some season.

3 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I don't think Lewis Irons is a Motherwell fan, but his audible terror each time the ball was in or around our box at least makes him an honorary one of us. When your commentators catchphrase is "oh no", you know you're having some season.

That was before it even arrived at Lamie’s foot.

Just now, Ron Aldo said:

Jordan White is going to relegate us.

Hylton crossing for White to score in the final game of the season against you feels like a NAP tbh.

Whyte scoring a winner v Celtic is very our season. 

He has looked semi decent tonight and certainly better than Harry Smith cameo appearances.

I am starting to wonder whether we will make any decision that will actually help us escape this mess. Everything we touch seems to turn to shite 🤷‍♂️

Jordan White scoring the winner for Ross County tonight to bring them within two points of us just sums up our season. It’s almost as if things are beginning to align for us being relegated or at best finish in the playoffs.

That’s the type of result we could only dream of.

13 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

When Jordan White inevitably scores the winner against us in a post-split 6 pointer, my head might actually explode.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hylton crossing for White to score in the final game of the season against you feels like a NAP tbh.

This is definitely happening.

White looked out of his depth at us and wasn't worth keeping. He was top of most folks "get rid" list , and we can't just hold on to everyone because we're scared they might end up good for someone ese. No one in any honesty would have predicted today. Fair play to him for making the most of his move so far though. 

After seeing some of her responses to social media chat about her man when he was with us , big White's mrs will be having the time of her life on Twitter tonight. 

Meanwhile, that result has got me absolutely shitting my pants.

County seem hell bent on fighting for survival, as the other teams at the bottom will also be, whilst our ensemble of inadequate charlatans are in a limp-dicked free fall in a race to the bottom. 

Alexander's appointment has split opinion. It's a big ask of him to prove it was the right one over the next few weeks.