Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

56 minutes ago, MJC said:

We are but we are also massively disadvantaged by having several players who just don’t give a f**k and clearly don’t want to be here. That applies to both the currently ‘injured/ill’ players and the ones who we have available.

Our squad is terrible.

The lack of fucks given is a valid point and a big factor. 

Yes we are utterly gash, but there's honest, hard working, try your best gash a la Accies and County, then there's gash and couldn't care less like us. So many insipid and spineless displays where we've went behind never shown an ounce of ability or desire to turn it around. 

Every team needs at least a few players with a real affinity to the club to galvanise them and inspire the rest to buy into it. How many of those do we have just now? Campbell is the main one, but I feel there's probably been a lot of unneeded pressure on him, which has contributed to his patchy form. 

There's no long serving players who 'get it', or a leader like Hartley or Aldred who came in, bought fully into the club ethos, developed a real bond with the club and fans. and tried to get the best out of those around them. 

There just feels like a complete disconnect between 'Motherwell' the squad and actual Motherwell FC. A bloated bunch of jobbers who aren't good enough, and whose only care is their wages landing in the bank. 

In short, I fucking hate this Motherwell side. Get us to the end of the season still in the division, then fire 90%of them into the sun. 

Have the following questions been asked of GA;

* How fit  are Nolan and Foley?

* Is Smith injured?

* Has the non COVID illness or illnesses affecting a number of players been identified.

* Why play 3 in midfield when playing a 4 would have made us more difficult to beat.

As for Gallagher's situation? On second thoughts!!!

The January recruitments are another baffling situation. Every one of them Injured? Or is there more to it? Or are they just this seasons Casper Sloth?

I honestly cannot think of any other club who continually brings in players that rarely, if ever feature for whatever reason. Over the last few years we’ve had Sloth, Ellis Plummer, George Newell, Ross McCormack, Christian Ilic and now this latest batch. For a club that’s never done pleading poverty over budgets and finances we don’t half recruit some amount of players who never even get game time.

Edited by MJC

28 minutes ago, Marinello said:

* Has the non COVID illness or illnesses affecting a number of players been identified.

The Fir Park variant of the virus perhaps? Easily transmissible and key symptoms are a shire attitude.

Edited by MJC

31 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I think what annoys me is bringing in so many players who are all broken/unfit. We're in a shit fight. We don't have time to work people up to match fitness by April.

That bench today was arguably the weakest bench we've had all season long. 

This is my biggest frustration too. There are *9* games to go - and while I get that the January window was a nightmare this year, the absolute minimum was to get players in that could be of use right away and we've simply failed in that. We have an injury crisis right now and most of the new players weren't even on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Swello said:

This is my biggest frustration too. There are *9* games to go - and while I get that the January window was a nightmare this year, the absolute minimum was to get players in that could be of use right away and we've simply failed in that. We have an injury crisis right now and most of the new players weren't even on the bench. 

See this is it, I've been largely forgiving of the circumstances around January but we've seen Lawless get 20 mins off the bench then disappear with a knee injury, Foley gets 1 minute against United and hasn't been seen since, Smith was at least getting some regular appearances off the bench but again has disappeared, I mean I follow his Instagram, he's still around like but it's up for debate whether Eddie Nolan actually exists - not to read too much into it but the only squad member he's following or is followed by on his IG is Harry Smith.

Were they broken when we signed them or are we just cursed just now? The only one of those who appears on the Team News list is Lawless so f**k knows what is going on.

I'll be honest and say that I wasn't holding out hope for the bold Tyler or Jordan Roberts turning our season around but the fact we didn't even fill our bench today seems very weird given the fucking size of our squad.

Edit: :lol: - this has just been updated. I had been wondering what the story with Seedorf was...so if these are the "official" illnesses, injuries and "injuries" (hiya Declan) then seriously what's the script with Foley, Smith, Nolan et al? Are we just patching them?

585331107_ScreenShot2021-02-20at19_38_05.png.4c21436402ca7b7f45037382bf0522bd.png

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Did he do ok? I wasn't watching closely but my dad said he looked out of his depth.

I mean, he didn't get sent off, concede a penalty and wasn't at fault for any of the goals...so thats something.

Tbh, I'd have thought O'Donnell would be straight back in.

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Did he do ok? I wasn't watching closely but my dad said he looked out of his depth.

He was targeted by Wotherspoon, and had almost no help facing him and Booth regularly.

I feel sorry for your wing backs tbh, they've almost no chance. They can't contribute in attack because theres nobody in front of them, and then they're left exposed in defence.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was targeted by Wotherspoon, and had almost no help facing him and Booth regularly.

I feel sorry for your wing backs tbh, they've almost no chance. They can't contribute in attack because theres nobody in front of them, and then they're left exposed in defence.

We have wing backs?.