Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

That’s true of course but if we end up relegated then we’ll be looking at even more budget cuts which we can’t afford.

We need change on and off the park, there’s too much emphasis on the social media side of things and very little on the most important aspect of the club - getting the right players in. Our recruitment over the past two/three years has been abysmal and that has to raise big questions over our scouting.

I want to see my team playing well with players who actually look as though they care, not watch pish on Twitter about ‘story of the day’ or ‘a coffee and a chat with x, y or z”.

We are but we are also massively disadvantaged by having several players who just don’t give a f**k and clearly don’t want to be here. That applies to both the currently ‘injured/ill’ players and the ones who we have available.

Our squad is terrible.

What’s the script with Nathan McGinley?

I know he was out last week with concussion, but whenever he makes a wee cameo appearance I think he looks miles ahead of the likes of Lamie and Magloire. I’d have him in at CB on Wednesday.

10 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Hard to believe there are 3 teams below us in the league. We are massively, massively shite. 

Let get a reality check here....

We are playing with not a 2nd choice defence but probably even A 3rd choice defence (minus Carroll) and a 2nd choice midfield (apart from Polworth) 

As soon as I saw the line up I was 99% certain St Johnstone would win handsomely. Just annoyed that our Manager felt 3 strikers would help us today. 

Do you think anyone asks the players at half time what they think, We are getting a wee bit overrun in midfield gaffer someone could have said.

Trying to play a formation with your key players in the stand or their beds is a bit naive.

12 minutes ago, wellinwigan said:

I Blame it entirely on us wearing white shorts. Not that our squad is utter dug meat

It is something to do with the colours because the ball was never played to anyone in claret and amber.  Always backwards or occasionally into a gap close to an opposition player.

7 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Let get a reality check here....

We are playing with not a 2nd choice defence but probably even A 3rd choice defence (minus Carroll) and a 2nd choice midfield (apart from Polworth) 

As soon as I saw the line up I was 99% certain St Johnstone would win handsomely. Just annoyed that our Manager felt 3 strikers would help us today. 

Agreed it was obviously a massively weakened side and a 3-0 defeat was no surprise at all. The manner of the defeat though was concerning. 

I've no idea how soon any of today's absentees' are due back. Several are listed as illness, so hopefully they're back quickly, but if we have to run with the bulk of today's starting 11 for even the next couple of games then we have a major problem. 

People keep going on about our injury list, and yes I accept that it is detrimental to us, but we have been rotten all season. We were missing four players today who played last week in a 4-1 home defeat to Hamilton Accies! Would having those four available today made any difference to the result? We’ll never know but you wouldn’t confidently say that they would have.

Injuries or not, our squad is garbage. Too many lack basic ability and even more of them are merely going through the motions.

Edited by MJC

No wonder the team look like they've never seen each other before when the media team take half of them away for walks, Starbucks and drives every day. Wonder how many sessions Alexander has actually had with the full squad! 

In all seriousness, minimum requirement for a team in a relegation battle is making the opposition work for their goals and points. We don't even do that so what chance do we have. 

48 minutes ago, MJC said:

We are but we are also massively disadvantaged by having several players who just don’t give a f**k and clearly don’t want to be here. That applies to both the currently ‘injured/ill’ players and the ones who we have available.

Our squad is terrible.

This. There are far too many that don’t appear to give a shite and want away. Starting with our  ‘ill/ injured’ club captain. 

Well, they can all get so far to f**k and enjoy the stellar careers they all think they’ll have elsewhere. 

And yes, I’m raging.