Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

I’ve never seen that before :lol: if it wasn’t a Rangers fan group I would have been sure it was a parody, but because it’s a Rangers fan group I’m absolutely certain it’s genuine. I’ve read some tear-stained statements in my time, both from Rangers fans and the Club itself, but this takes the title by a country mile. 

Never has 8 paragraphs of text produced so many comical quotes. 

‘To date, the assailant remains at large’ :lol: I think the author of this had an American cop programme on in the background when he wrote that. I remember that incident well, the guy tried to flick the ball along the concourse with a wooden flag pole just as McCulloch dived in to grab it, it hits him on the face with no great force and he carried on playing. The guy with the flag probably shouldn’t have been getting involved, but it’s hardly the sort of crime that’s going to see the police booting your door down. 

:lol:

I honestly can't believe the "Long took the huff for 5 months because he wasn't #9" patter has turned out to literally be exactly what actually happened.

Fwiw I generally enjoy the behind the scenes stuff, you can tell a lot of effort has gone into it and it genuinely does somewhat bridge the gap between club and fans that exists right now. The motivational quotes and 💪👊s seem like they're coming from somewhere totally different and are a lot more tone deaf but at the same time are pretty easily avoided or scrolled past.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

My takeaways from the Inside Motherwell:

• Bevis seems like a lovely guy. Thought to remain angry at him. Hope he's having a lovely day tbh. 
  • I am a huge, huge fan of Chris Long probably being told "listen mate, the fans think you're a moody b*****d" and him absolutely doubling down on it. I thought we were all taking the piss when we blamed the number 99 so absolutely fair play to him for running with it. 
  • The John Hunter stand looks great. 
  • Contactless payments in the stadium, finally. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Bevis seems like a lovely guy. Thought to remain angry at him. Hope he's having a lovely day tbh. 

•  

Just seen a Motherwell fan tweet that Mugabi's out for the season , shoulder injury !

We've got an important week coming up. If we win today and on Wednesday we're pretty much safe and closing in on the teams that are vying for top six. On the other hand, if we play like last week we could lose both these games we're deep in trouble and the gap will no doubt have closed. Really depends which Motherwell turnup and how we cope with injuries - I'd settle for 4 points from the two games right now!

59 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

We've got an important week coming up. If we win today and on Wednesday we're pretty much safe and closing in on the teams that are vying for top six. On the other hand, if we play like last week we could lose both these games we're deep in trouble and the gap will no doubt have closed. Really depends which Motherwell turnup and how we cope with injuries - I'd settle for 4 points from the two games right now!

We’ll win today and lose on Wednesday to continue our dismal record against St.Mirren. 

12 minutes ago, MJC said:

We’ll win today and lose on Wednesday to continue our dismal record against St.Mirren. 

I’d take and be grateful for 3 points from the next 2 games. Which is a reflection of how shite we have been this season. 

So would I to be honest, as sad as that is. This season cannot end quick enough, it’s been one of the least enjoyable I can remember, for various reasons.
It's been brutal. I was staring to get a bit of enthusiasm back after Alexander came in but that shitshow last week has sucked the life out me.

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
10 minutes ago, MJC said:
So would I to be honest, as sad as that is. This season cannot end quick enough, it’s been one of the least enjoyable I can remember, for various reasons.

It's been brutal. I was staring to get a bit of enthusiasm back after Alexander came in but that shitshow last week has sucked the life out me.

It’s just awful to watch. Obviously there are other factors with not being able to attend games which is chronic. Personally I’ve not been inside Fir Park for over a year now, when I walked out after 14 minutes of the Cup tie debacle against StMirren...so I feel a bit of a tit about that now but, it is what it is.

On the park it’s just been dismal. The failure to score an equaliser until late January, poor signings and management from Robinson abs the fact that half the squad look like they can’t be arsed just adds up to a season to forget.

If we manage to avoid the drop then there needs to be drastic changes at the club over the summer. It’s time we focussed more on the playing squad rather than getting likes on social media.

”we exist to improve people’s lives. Everyday”.

Ram that patronising shite and concentrate on getting a competent and committed playing squad.

Edited by MJC