Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I absolutely loved that three day spell, although there is a tiny bit of me that wonders what the final score would have been had Lionel scored that one just after to make it four.

I remember walking away from Ibrox thinking that them scoring a goal would have kept us honest. So that was a good thing.  I remember turning up at Fir Park thinking that if they scored the first goal the momentum would turn and therefore cursing the one they got at Ibrox.

Turned out alright.

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Lionel...

Listened to that a few days ago and what I took away from it was his attitude towards being a fitba player. never took it seriously until later, probably held him back a wee bit.

Nice guy though and defo a cult hero. 

I still think one of my favourite things about the 2 legs that rarely gets mentioned was the guy (rangers fan) in the Main stand who after Johnson scored took the huff and got up to leave. He had a flare though so he just sparked it and threw it onto the park and left.

Brilliant. 

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I still think one of my favourite things about the 2 legs that rarely gets mentioned was the guy (rangers fan) in the Main stand who after Johnson scored took the huff and got up to leave. He had a flare though so he just sparked it and threw it onto the park and left.

Brilliant. 

It let us get on with the business of going fucking tonto for a few more minutes without having to worry about a game going on in the background - so it was great

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

When I hear the ball rasping along the back of the net:

skin goosebumps GIF

When I'm 90, senile as f**k and don't even remember my own name - that sound will still be stuck in my mind. 

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Brilliant. 

I enjoyed when the groundsman ran onto the park with a bucket of sand and dumped it about 3 feet away from the flare. 

Just now, capt_oats said:

:lol:

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure @thisGRAEME done a big list on the Terrace (might have been a Textra) a few years back but I don't think there's a more entertaining 90 minutes in the world than that play off game. Take the goals out of it and the amount of nonsense surrounding it is unparalleled. 

25 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I'm pretty sure @thisGRAEME done a big list on the Terrace (might have been a Textra) a few years back but I don't think there's a more entertaining 90 minutes in the world than that play off game. Take the goals out of it and the amount of nonsense surrounding it is unparalleled. 

The boy missing the flare with the bucket was so, so, so funny. 

Telling the play-off stories on our live show at Caley union was one of the single best things I've ever done.

This is the one, btw;

29 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

There was so much pearl-clutching about that 2nd leg but it literally was the most eventful 90 mins I've ever seen.

• Only giving Rangers a few hundred tickets
  • Flagpole-gate (the assailant remains at large)
  • Erwin getting hooked and the ensuing fight
  • Erwin's interview
  • All the statements
  • Erwin being in a huff because Sutty took the penalty
  • Extreme goading of the poor Rangers supporters
  • Chick Young being outraged that we celebrated at the end
  • Cammy Bell in all his glory and one of the longest roars ever heard at Fir Park
  • Dick Foster halfing Marvin Johnson in a 1970's style 50-50
  • Flare on the pitch as per @Busta Nut
  • Mass exodus of Rangers supporters after Johnson's goal
  • Lasley Karaoke at the end

Did I miss any?