Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Always enjoy trying to recognise players names from autographs, as they're generally just squiggles. Not yer man Chris Long though 😂

EuIoOw7XYAIYdjH.thumb.jpeg.cd84b759a60f1e82adca3c2cfc353fae.jpeg

Aye, I have in my possession probably one of the shitest yet most unique Scottish Football memorabilia- a Partick Thistle ball signed by the team that took them down in 2018.  Genuinely no idea what a single one says.

49 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye, I have in my possession probably one of the shitest yet most unique Scottish Football memorabilia- a Partick Thistle ball signed by the team that took them down in 2018.  Genuinely no idea what a single one says.

I've got a signed ball that only has David Partridge's signature on it. Scored in a cup final I suppose. 

13 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Perhaps, I'm not one to mop up a curry with a naan. Prefer to just enjoy it on its own merits then get onto the main.

Forget the result at Fir Park. This is the worst Motherwell related thing I've seen this weekend. Lunacy! 

#MoutaouakilOut 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I canny believe Scotland got to the Euros with TWO of the players at the back being from one of the worst Motherwell outfits in the last 10 year

The weird thing is that 9 times out of 10 the usual issue is that club players can not replicate their form with the International side.

With us it is quite the opposite. Gallacher and SOD has looked good in recent games for Scotland...for us 🤷‍♂️

I was getting on board the GA hype train but after yesterday. One game maybe but it brought back all our ineptitude in 45 1st half minutes. Mugabi had been improving but to me he should not be a starter. Lamie..well we have no one else while Gallacher is out. 

Maguire is a semi competent midfielder but nothing I have seen suggests he is better than that. Polworth is not everyone’s cup of tea but he can at least create chances. 

Alexander admits he made mistakes with the team. I am curious as to what that means. The only change was OHara for Crawford. Was it players or formation. 

The to top it all of the 781 players we signed in January none of them seem to be anywhere near the team. Unlucky with Lawless but I am genuinely at a loss as to what has happened. 

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Forget the result at Fir Park. This is the worst Motherwell related thing I've seen this weekend. Lunacy! 

#MoutaouakilOut 

I let this slide last night but it is heresy, trying to rewrite decades of Scottish tradition.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

The weird thing is that 9 times out of 10 the usual issue is that club players can not replicate their form with the International side.

With us it is quite the opposite. Gallacher and SOD has looked good in recent games for Scotland...for us 🤷‍♂️

I was getting on board the GA hype train but after yesterday. One game maybe but it brought back all our ineptitude in 45 1st half minutes. Mugabi had been improving but to me he should not be a starter. Lamie..well we have no one else while Gallacher is out. 

Maguire is a semi competent midfielder but nothing I have seen suggests he is better than that. Polworth is not everyone’s cup of tea but he can at least create chances. 

Alexander admits he made mistakes with the team. I am curious as to what that means. The only change was OHara for Crawford. Was it players or formation. 

The to top it all of the 781 players we signed in January none of them seem to be anywhere near the team. Unlucky with Lawless but I am genuinely at a loss as to what has happened. 

Yesterday saw a soft early goal but it was the sending off that killed us and after that the game plan is gone, a bit like our chances against Aberdeen.  I will assess our next performance where we keep 11 on the park as a better judgement of our progress, but what will our defence look like next week?

45 minutes ago, ropy said:

Yesterday saw a soft early goal but it was the sending off that killed us and after that the game plan is gone, a bit like our chances against Aberdeen.  I will assess our next performance where we keep 11 on the park as a better judgement of our progress, but what will our defence look like next week?

So I assume that Johnston was sent on because he's the only actual right back we have now. Given that SOD is suspended and Grimshaw's been out with this never ending illness then I suppose that puts him in the offing for a start. I thought he was ok tbf, maybe just lacking match fitness.

I'd hope that Nolan & Foley are fit by next week and we can give them a go. Henceforth known as Folan or Noley. 

Until yesterday I was very much on the Alexander hype train, with aspirations of pushing for 6th place, and I still think that next season could be exciting when he gets a chance to build his own team.... if we survive. 

For now though, it's back to earth with a bump and a case of 'you can only piss with the cock you've got'. Unfortunately, having been shite from the get go and with the number of regular starters unavailable, along with the January recruits clogging up the treatment tables, it's a very small, limp and unimpressive cock indeed that he has to get a performance out of. 

Will the confidence that Mugabi and Lamie had built over the last few weeks be totally eroded without a leader of sorts beside them? If the more experienced January buys don't make it and Magloire is lobbed in beside them, it could be a torrid afternoon against an experienced Saints side. A lot to be worked on before next Saturday comes. 

48 minutes ago, ropy said:

I'm with you. From 15 minutes onwards the entire momentum is with the Accies whilst we are facing upstream without a paddle. 

Put another way, we gave ourselves no chance to salvage the game.

Still doesn't fully exonerate our slow start, bad marking at first goal and SOD's brain fart but let's try and see the game in the round.

Next Saturday will be a better indicator albeit in addition to SOD we look to be without Mugabi ( dislocated shoulder?) and perhaps Gallagher.

Step forward Tyler, Mc Ginley or the rarely spotted Malone!!

24 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

So I assume that Johnston was sent on because he's the only actual right back we have now. Given that SOD is suspended and Grimshaw's been out with this never ending illness then I suppose that puts him in the offing for a start. I thought he was ok tbf, maybe just lacking match fitness.

I'd hope that Nolan & Foley are fit by next week and we can give them a go. Henceforth known as Folan or Noley. 

I’ve been using Fogle and Molly Malone for the missing bodies.

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

I would accept that but would have expected to see new faces on the bench.

And they have been.

Smith, Roberts and Magloire have regularly been on the bench. Foley came off the bench against United which was only a week and a half ago. Who knows maybe he's picked up a knock. We know Lawleff is injured.

The only one who probably falls into the 'does he even exist?' category is Eddie Nolan IMO. IIRC he had been out for a while before he signed so it may be a fitness thing where he's concerned.

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

And they have been.

Smith, Roberts and Magloire have regularly been on the bench. Foley came off the bench against United which was only a week and a half ago. Who knows maybe he's picked up a knock. We know Lawleff is injured.

The only one who probably falls into the 'does he even exist?' category is Eddie Nolan IMO. IIRC he had been out for a while before he signed so it may be a fitness thing where he's concerned.

Maybe I’ve just been pinning my hopes on us strengthening the defence and expected Nolan to be part of that.