Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

39 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:
Literally minimal contact. Soro goes down holding holding about a foot higher than where he was brushed by Cole's leg.

Actual contact is irrelevant, all that matters is what he was trying to do.

"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball".

6 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball".

Are folk genuinely arguing that's excessive force or brutality? 

1 hour ago, Swami said:

I like him, makes me think we’re the featured game on Scotsport. He talks some pish, right enough. 

Jock Brown was Sportscene, IIRC. Gerry McNee was the Scotsport man of the 90s. 

35 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Are folk genuinely arguing that's excessive force or brutality? 

This is weirding me out as well. The pearl clutching about a fairly nothing incident, in a fairly nothing game, that had no discernible impact on the outcome or the player is just odd.

It's 100% not something that's worth revisiting after the fact.

Edited by capt_oats

9 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Was it not jock brown and Ally McCoist that commentated on the 91 cup final?

That’ll be my favourite game he commentated on then.

Aye it was. Presumably that's why they sought him out. I'm probably just being bitter because I can't get in a stadium. 

Absolutely would not mind McCoist doing more of our games tbf.

2 hours ago, Gallus Numpty said:

How could you ever know what he was trying to do. It wasn't a kick and a miss. So you could only conclude he did exactly what he meant to do.

It was never a red for devante. He wanted to grab the guys shirt to stop the break away, but couldn't because his hands were on the ground, so had to do it with his foot. It was also a wrestling move, and wrestling isn't real, so no big deal. 

Updates on the john Hunter Stand renovation.

On-going Hunter Stand improvements:

• All steelwork & back wall repainted
• Guttering upgraded and leaks fixed
• Toilets removed & replaced
• Every seat removed and replaced
• New PA system installed
• All signage removed and replaced
• Fan mural & Hunter timeline added https://t.co/I1ss5FGWbR

Season Ticket renewal emails will be out soon, I take it? 

Genuine question to all - what's your thoughts on purchasing one for 21/22? 

Will you buy one again, because you always do? 

Do you take the option of the free ST, considering MFC promised to honour 19 games at FP when buying the 20/21 ticket? 

Do you not claim your refund from 20/21 but decline to buy a 21/22 ticket? 

I appreciate not everyone will want to talk about it, its a very personal choice. I've always bought an ST in the years I've been going to FP (missed a couple of years in recent times) but having bought a 20/21 ticket, I really don't know. 

The money I spend on my ST is budgeted for every year. I know it's coming so that money is there. I've been very fortunate throughout Covid times that my work hasn't been effected and I've WFH throughout. I haven't lost any income. However, can I still justify writing off that cash to buy another ST to my wife and kids? Is that selfish? 

I heard the boys on AVFTT speaking about similar on their show and they are right, you know the media guys will pull out some big emotional advert on the socials, pulling at the heart strings. 

I'm really just thinking out loud here, but keen to hear others' thoughts. 

I will be buying full price one like last season and the many before that. 

Hopefully most will as it is a much needed revenue stream for the club which we as the fans own. 

That said a lot of people will have to defer because circumstances dictate. But will still want to see their team and will probably opt for the lower cost or free option. That is their prerogative and fully understandable. Better that than walking away so it will be good that there are likely to be a few options. 

I don't imagine the club anticipated having to offer a full 19 free games next season when they made the offer last year, but I think the decision to make that offer was entirely the right thing to do for a fan owned club. 

It will be down to personal choice and circumstance whether people accept the 'free' season ticket or choose to pay in full again, and no-one should be made to feel less or more of a supporter than anyone else depending on their decision. I'm sure the club will be hoping that those in the fortunate position to pay in full for their ST's this year will take that option to further support the club. 

Perhaps the club could encourage those who do opt to take up the 'free' ST offer to sign up to the Well Society at £5 per month, in effect making it a heavily discounted season ticket (£60) with the payment spread out over 12 months? That would at least guarantee some extra income for the club whilst still making it a fairly attractive offer for those that generously put their hands in their pockets last year when they had no idea if they'd get to see a game.