Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, Swello said:

My instinct is that unless the police are actively pushing for prosecutions (which is their prerogative), that we should  look to deal with stuff "in-house" in every case possible. If that means that folk get a few games on the naughty step or whatever for going too far, I think that's ok but banning people completely should be a total last resort.

Think other than Park the issue seems to be that the offenders have been cleared legally but the club still have their bans in place. 

I have never had dealings with park but he sounds like a guy used to getting his own way and seems to live up to the old ex copper who can't let it go type guy. 

1 hour ago, Swello said:

If acting like a wee dick at the fitba  was a banning offence previously, there would be far less 'Well Da's in attendance these days :)

So you're saying there can be some positives taken from this?

It's a very, very bad look. If the police have said there's nothing to answer to then that should be the end of it as far as legal proceedings. I can understand if the club have an internal way of dealing with things if someones been a bit of a tit. 

"You made a right arse of yourself at Killie away last week. You are hereby sentenced to a fortnight of sitting in the house on a Saturday afternoon listening to Jock Brown nose breathing."

Derek Hough Judge GIF

Edited by well fan for life

29 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

"You made a right arse of yourself last week at Killie away last week. You are hereby sentenced to a fortnight of sitting in the house on a Saturday afternoon listening to Jock Brown nose breathing."

Or, you're allowed to go to games but instead of sitting with your mates in the East, you've got to sit in the centre of the main stand for the next month and listen to retirees talking about the Ancell Babes and loudly counting the number of seconds that the opposition keeper has been holding the ball.

12 minutes ago, Swello said:

Or, you're allowed to go to games but instead of sitting with your mates in the East, you've got to sit in the centre of the main stand for the next month and listen to retirees talking about the Ancell Babes and loudly counting the number of seconds that the opposition keeper has been holding the ball.

There are times when I really miss the fitba...and then you get nailed on reminders of what Saturday afternoons are really like that bring you back to reality...

I feel I'm yet again massively out of kilter with the rest of this thread because I actually think I'm going to miss Jock Brown when this is all over.  Would happily pay extra for my season ticket next year if he could sit a few rows behind me and monologue for the whole 90 mins.

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I feel I'm yet again massively out of kilter with the rest of this thread because I actually think I'm going to miss Jock Brown when this is all over.  Would happily pay extra for my season ticket next year if he could sit a few rows behind me and monologue for the whole 90 mins.

I don't think I have much of a problem with Jock Brown. It's more Lewis Irons calling a corner that goes out for a shy a "great delivery" and saying Motherwell outperformed Celtic in the warm up that I find difficult listening.

There are times when I really miss the fitba...and then you get nailed on reminders of what Saturday afternoons are really like that bring you back to reality...
I have an old boy that sits near me in the East Stand. When we pass it about a bit he shouts "come on Motherwell get it up the park". When we lump it up the park he shouts "come on, keep a hold of it Motherwell."

There's also the guy up the back of the East Stand who has his own nicknames for all the players. I won't go though them all but my favourite of all time has to be Frankie aka Zaine Francis-Angol.

13 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Cant find any other sources but appareny Cole is not going to be charged? I couldnt watch the game so im not sure what happened.

Good news - but the tacky graphic, the random CAPITALISATION and the fact it's set up for Rangers and Celtic Da's to jump into the replies, really annoys me.

16 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I like having Jock Brown on comms, it's a nice bit of nostalgia, and I love to know if there perhaps may be a shooting chance at least 40 times per game. 

I agree, but I've been disappointed by the lack of anyone having a "roving commission".

My favourite Jock Brown moment this season was when we played Celtic on Remembrance weekend and he described the minutes silence as ‘impeccably observed’. The stadium was empty there, Jock. Might have helped. 

I like him, makes me think we’re the featured game on Scotsport. He talks some pish, right enough.