Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, wellfan09 said:

Aye. 99 was cursed no less.

Fair play though, smart 'brand management' wheeling him out to do press after he's scored a (very decent) winning goal.

Edited by capt_oats

43 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. 99 was cursed no less.

Fair play though, smart 'brand management' wheeling him out to do press after he's scored a (very decent) winning goal.

What happens if he chucks his burd? 

I didn't know you could change kit numbers halfway through a season. I'd always assumed that squad numbers were registered with the league and that was that.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was true resulting in the SPFL deducting Long's goal and deeming the match a draw.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I didn't know you could change kit numbers halfway through a season. I'd always assumed that squad numbers were registered with the league and that was that.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was true resulting in the SPFL deducting Long's goal and deeming the match a draw.

Nah, we've done it before.

McCormack got #44 from Cornelius who in turn took Alfie Agyeman's number.

Edited by capt_oats

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Some guy I have never heard of has left us. Coach looking guy. 

It's Diarmuid O'Carroll. He had been brought in to look after the u18s and assist with the Reserves when O'Dea left - Link.

Fair play if he's got a gig with Northern Ireland.

Edited by capt_oats

50 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Just popping in to say that it fills my heart with joy that it's 2021 and Rangers fans still get bent out of shape by Bad News Bowman and his elbows.

1574226778_ScreenShot2021-02-05at15_51_36.png.1561ab0acbb22f5d9dee9176ddf3fa42.png

That semi-final was one of the most satisfying games ever - even Robinson slapping the press about with heavy stats about how Bowman wasn't that type of player was <chef's kiss>

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

A couple of decent performances and I am already willing to forget the last 6 months. Keep it up

I'm so fickle

When Long is on song he is the best player we have imho.  I for one was pleased when he returned in the summer.

He has incredible ability but questionable attitude. I wish he could screw the nut for a prolonged period. Albeit if he did he would be nowhere near ML1. 

He is pacy and can fair wallop the ball. His 3 attempts midweek were all racing towards or just past the goal. How many time do you see strikers or midfielders tamely hit the ball straight to the GK. 

Huge fan of Watt too but his attempts at target don’t have the velocity or accuracy that Long has in his locker. 

24 minutes ago, welldaft said:

When Long is on song he is the best player we have imho.  I for one was pleased when he returned in the summer.

He has incredible ability but questionable attitude. I wish he could screw the nut for a prolonged period. Albeit if he did he would be nowhere near ML1. 

He is pacy and can fair wallop the ball. His 3 attempts midweek were all racing towards or just past the goal. How many time do you see strikers or midfielders tamely hit the ball straight to the GK. 

Huge fan of Watt too but his attempts at target don’t have the velocity or accuracy that Long has in his locker. 

We should get him gloves with the number 9 on them,  must have accessories.

36 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I don't disagree with most of your post but Long missed some amount of sitters anaw.