Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

king prawn makhani is decent

Absolutely, but calling players c***s and the general foaming at the mouth is something I won't miss. 

P&B seem a great bunch of lads

Ted.jpg.904c1bff53fcf261b084cc30b082fe2e.jpg

You should take a look at Wellboys111 on FB. They make SO look like a Sunday school choir.  I can actually feel myself cringe just mentioning it.

14 minutes ago, santheman said:

tbf there's  a dozen or so really good  posters on SO  who have well balanced views  I regularly converse with. The others I tend to ignore but respect their right to post what they think even if I think they're talking pish. That's what forums are all about. 

Aye, I should probably say, I used to post on SO regularly and there are a handful of genuinely really good posters there who offer some great insight and balance. IMO it just suffers from the same one eyedness that most single club forums do and it can really be a drain to read as a result.

As @mwellhighland says the general foaming at the mouth is something that I really don't miss at all from my Motherwell forum experience.

I've been on SO since day1. It's funny that it was created to counteract the negativity of firparkcorner, but I don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be, particularly compared to the well fans facebook sequels. Some folk are going to be negative no matter what, but it's a nice replacement for the cooper stand during exile. 

Half the folk on here are on SO too, watching the OTF and supermarv running battle across both is fun 🙂 I think they're the same person.

Edited by rowsdower

22 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I've been on SO since day1. It's funny that it was created to counteract the negativity of firparkcorner, but I don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be, particularly compared to the well fans facebook sequels. Some folk are going to be negative no matter what, but it's a nice replacement for the cooper stand during exile. 

Half the folk on here are on SO too, watching the OTF and supermarv running battle across both is fun 🙂 I think they're the same person.

As someone said, how funny would it be if it turned out they knew each other without realising it

I had a bit of a meltdown last week on SO and said I would be taking a sabbatical. I respect free speech and have no problems with opposing views in general. But some stuff is beyond the pale. It often makes no sense at all...

Problem is there are many posters on the forum who are also very decent (quite a few on here too) and one or two who seem to have an in at the club and therefore have some knowledge of what is going on. As rowsdower says it often ends in a healthy debate between a few posters.

As a Well fan it is hard to do without one of only two key forums to discuss all things MFC related. I am not on Facebook and so have never (sounds quite fortunate) had to read Well fans III or whatever it is. If it is worse than SO that is saying something ! but I do plan to post less on SO which is bad news for P&B 🤔

56 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Definitely not the same person.

Drained me yesterday so reckoned I’ll take a break from offering opinion.

Few acquaintances on both here & SO that can vouch reliability.

For me, there’s been merit in negativity of some this season, for some it’s been incessant.

5 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

For me, there’s been merit in negativity of some this season, for some it’s been incessant.

In a nutshell. 

It should not bother me but we can all get a little over emotional after results, especially the negative ones of which there have been quite a few this season. So I react occasionally and it is usually after a large whisky or two.  Not a good combination truth be told.

33 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Definitely not the same person.

Drained me yesterday so reckoned I’ll take a break from offering opinion.

Few acquaintances on both here & SO that can vouch reliability.

Aye, I dont mind negativity when it's called for...but the same whiney b*****ds moaning at every single thing the club does gets on my thruppeny bits.

Don't think I've been on Steelmen Online since about 2008 which is roughly when I joined here.

Wasn't it Alan Burrows (aka Flow) who set up Steelmen? He definitely used to post on there anyway. I can mind a thread during Mcghee's first season when he went to Austria with the team for pre-season and would post daily updates with photos, interviews etc. No idea why I remember that.

I am not on Facebook and so have never (sounds quite fortunate) had to read Well fans III or whatever it is. If it is worse than SO that is saying something ! but I do plan to post less on SO which is bad news for P&B [emoji848]

I rarely glance at Well fans III, Since I was Young etc anymore but I do remember the absolute seethe whenever we lost a single game. We could have won 5 in a row then get beat off the OF and there’d be folk on there calling for the mangers head. It does make me wonder how they’ve handled the past few months, probably make for quite entertaining reading...

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/jordan-white-ready-for-fresh-ross-county-start-as-he-opens-up-on-motherwell-spell/

“I’d spoken to Stephen Robinson and he said ‘listen, you’re doing great’. He said I’d been unlucky and I’d get my chance. A couple of weeks after that he walked. You know what it’s like with a new manager sometimes, they bring in their own signings and if your face doesn’t fit, that’s football.”

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't laughing at the image of Robinson saying "Honestly Jordan. You'll get a chance next week. I'm just working on the tactics as we speak!" As he hits send on his resignation.

10 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/jordan-white-ready-for-fresh-ross-county-start-as-he-opens-up-on-motherwell-spell/

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't laughing at the image of Robinson saying "Honestly Jordan. You'll get a chance next week. I'm just working on the tactics as we speak!" As he hits send on his resignation.

Aye, it's the: 'You know what it’s like with a new manager sometimes, they bring in their own signings and if your face doesn’t fit, that’s football.” bit that gets me.

When you actually piece that timeline together it's pretty brutal:
Robinson resigns > 24 mins against Accies > Alexander appointed > 18 mins against St Mirren > unused sub > new manager signs another lanky striker > not in squad > not in squad > left in the car park in Dingwall.

Yes Jordan your "face didn't fit". That's exactly what happened there.

Edited by capt_oats

11 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Jordan ‘thats football’ White 

Also creased at this nugget.

It is frustrating – there were times when I was probably going to start. I got a concussion, which set me back, and boys came in and took their chance. 

Yes Jordan. The strikers that came in were absolutely red hot. Scoring for fun. Could not stop scoring. 

Have to agree with others - there are some really good posters on Steelmen - but (much like at actual games), arguing with other Motherwell supporters is a pretty depressing experience and I think I'd be suckered into doing that based on some of the *mental* stuff that comes out after a defeat. Or a draw. Or a win. Or when we sign someone. Or when we have a manager.  

20 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, it's the: 'You know what it’s like with a new manager sometimes, they bring in their own signings and if your face doesn’t fit, that’s football.” bit that gets me.

When you actually piece that timeline together it's pretty brutal:
Robinson resigns > 24 mins against Accies > Alexander appointed > 18 mins against St Mirren > unused sub > new manager signs another lanky striker > not in squad > not in squad > left in the car park in Dingwall.

Yes Jordan your "face didn't fit". That's exactly what happened there.

I genuinely think he is a guid honest laddie, no harm to him, this could be a dream move.

Don't think I've been on Steelmen Online since about 2008 which is roughly when I joined here.

Wasn't it Alan Burrows (aka Flow) who set up Steelmen? He definitely used to post on there anyway. I can mind a thread during Mcghee's first season when he went to Austria with the team for pre-season and would post daily updates with photos, interviews etc. No idea why I remember that.

That was the trip that set him on his journey to CEO. The coverage of the training camp was superb and got him the media gig at Fir Park few awards later and the rest is history.

Strange the one thing I remember most is the interview with Simon Mensing... look what happened to him!

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Yeah 'Flow started it up (which is how he got his nickname....he was trying to think of a username and happened to be listening to the song Even Flow by Pearl Jam, so used that. Eventually got shortened to 'Flow and history was made!) as welltrustfc.net with myself, Jim Haldane (Well-Made), Buxe (Yabbas_Turd) and a guy called Stef who sadly passed away in the mid 2000's. I think Jay and Busta got officially involved as well and we ran it pretty much right up until it had to get relaunched in 2007, and we all took a step back from it as it had kinda become a different beast by then (although I think Buxe jumped back in and handles the whole thing now).

The Austria thread was basically how he ended up getting involved with the club....he had an idea to do video diaries and so asked the club if he could go over to their training camp (which he did fully at his own expense), and he just filmed the training and kept everyone up to date with what was happening etc. Club were impressed with what he was doing and offered him a job doing the media stuff, and we all know how that story unfolds!

Welltrustfc from when we started it until it switched over were absoute halcyon days. To this day some of the funniest things I've ever seen/been a part of online were on there, and some of the days out were absolutely legendary. Incidentally Martin ( @MJC ) was one of the original WTFC posters who moved over with us from FPC, and is one of the most diehard Motherwell supporters you could ever meet....which is why his reputation on here still makes me piss myself laughing everytime someone loses their shit (as I'm sure it does with him) I can't believe he's still getting people with it. Long may it last!

There's loads of posters from back in those days that don't seem to be around anywhere now, although I suppose they could be on here under a different username and I've just never made the connection.

I can also vouch long-term for @Onthefringes being a genuine top lad.

Edited by Al B