Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Is Crawford finished at Motherwell? It looks like we're in the market for a box to box midfielder with McGhee out.

His loan was/is only until January. According to Robinson we were talking to him/Livi about extending but then Robinson resigned and plans seem to be up in the air.

Alexander has generally been taking a measured "I want to take a look at the squad before deciding on changes" but he's been in the door a couple of weeks now with 2 draws and a loss under his belt so you'd hope he's got a feel for what's needed.

It's very much a 2+2 situation with Crawford given his loan's up and we're now being linked with Foley and he's not exactly been a permanent fixture in the starting line up. If we're looking to move bodies out first then Crawford's an obvious one given his loan's up.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

How long is Jake Hastie’s loan for - season long?

Season loan with a recall break in January (according to Rangers).

RANGERS Football Club can confirm attacker Jake Hastie will join Motherwell on-loan for the 2020/21 season, with a recall option in January 2021.

Link

I’m asking in relation to the possibility of AFC getting him as a makeweight in the Scott Wright deal.

Terrific player first time round, at Fir Park 

Had a fantastic 6/7 week period, but he offered little outside that. To say he has been poor is an understatement since he returned. Fair play to the lad for getting the Rangers contract, as I suspect his next permanent move will be Championship.

Plenty has been said about Hastie in the past, so no point covering old ground. 

If we are to have him for the season, what about the radical idea of playing the left footed winger on the left wing? Get him running at defenders and putting the ball in the box for the big lad we've signed. 

If isn't any good at that, then @Mitch is bang on in that his future career will be spent in the Championship (at best).

9 minutes ago, Desp said:

Plenty has been said about Hastie in the past, so no point covering old ground. 

If we are to have him for the season, what about the radical idea of playing the left footed winger on the left wing? Get him running at defenders and putting the ball in the box for the big lad we've signed. 

If isn't any good at that, then @Mitch is bang on in that his future career will be spent in the Championship (at best).

I've mentioned this before, he spent pretty much his entire time playing wide left for Craigan's u20s and was...good. He scored goals and was generally effective in that team.

It kind of blows my mind that he's never really had a run out on that side since he broke into our first team as an 'inverted winger'. I'm pretty sure the limited games he had with Rangers he was playing on the right, same with Rotherham and subsequently his 2nd spell here.

There's absolutely no argument from me that he's been dugmeat this season but continuing to stick him out on the right when literally every opposition team knows his one trick from that position is to cut in on his left is fucking wild.

1 hour ago, Afc69 said:

How long is Jake Hastie’s loan for - season long?

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Too fucking long. 

1 hour ago, Afc69 said:

I’m asking in relation to the possibility of AFC getting him as a makeweight in the Scott Wright deal.

39 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, Afc69 said:

I really really hope this happens. He's complete dug shite.

I was gonna reply with the exact words of my fellow dossers in both replies.

For me, there is 100% a player in there with Hastie. He's brave and quick and can score. He gets carried away and has frustrating games but has played a handful. He'd absolutely be ahead of Seedorf in the pecking order for me. If he can put together two good games he'll have ten good ones, but his confidence looks shot.

IMO, if the whole rangers thing hadn't happened folk would be significantly more forgiving and more keen to give him a go. Not that it matters, because it did, but aye.

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

For me, there is 100% a player in there with Hastie. He's brave and quick and can score. He gets carried away and has frustrating games but has played a handful. He'd absolutely be ahead of Seedorf in the pecking order for me. If he can put together two good games he'll have ten good ones, but his confidence looks shot.

IMO, if the whole rangers thing hadn't happened folk would be significantly more forgiving and more keen to give him a go. Not that it matters, because it did, but aye.

Kind of this, I suppose. I can't imagine he's sat on his arse watching Seedorf recently and thinks it's sound he's not getting a game ahead of that. 

I don't blame him for taking the Rangers offer. Turning the 10-ish good games he's played in his career into genuinely life changing money is fair enough for me. He never had the technical ability of Turnbull so choosing to cash in on that is probably a wise decision on his part. 

Throw him out on the left, tell him to try to lump crosses on to Big Weird Harry's heid and hopefully we might see a bit of a resurgence. 

7 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I agree folk would maybe be a bit kinder if the rangers thing didn't happen, he's Dom Thomas mark II though. (with a better initial contribution)