Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Worked in the London office for a bit and nobody down there understood the concept of a Morton's roll apart from the guy who grew up in EK.

Poor b*****ds. Imagine having none of the finer things in life as well as your tap water being pish.

They are all about the bap.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm bored, so heres all 3 of the CMs who played regularly last season and this, all 3 to try and give context to Polworths numbers. Only used solid, quantifiable, metrics (no "expected" ones) to try and see if Polworth was doing anything differently this season on paper. 

Blue numbers are last season, amber numbers this season...

Polworth.png.6a6fb3776b0e117a5e4915ed7bcb69bc.png

How many goals has O'Hara got this season?

What's the 0.00 under "Goals per 90"?

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

How many goals has O'Hara got this season?

What's the 0.00 under "Goals per 90"?

Aye, should be 0.13.

My mistake.

I was beginning to think we might be ok in the middle, but yesterday has changed my mind on that I think.

Another indifferent performance from Campbell, Crawford is a tidy passer of the ball but gets bullied physically and Polworth, well, I thought he was getting back on track a bit, but as far as I’m concerned I would gladly not see him play for us again. Not sure how long O’Hara is out for but again, he’s a centre half for me.

Hopefully we get Donnelly back soon. Would it be too Football Manager of me to suggest a loan for Stevie Mallan? Didn’t make the Hibs squad yesterday now they’ve signed Jackson Irvine and Scott Allan is back fit.

This could obviously just be coincidence (in fact, it probably is) but given the summer window saw us signing a number of players from Scottish clubs the fact that all 3 of our signings in January have come from English based clubs seems notable (granted 2 are Scottish and have played up here). Are there any other obvious #ballers who might be looking to come back up the road in the English lower leagues?

Either way I'd say we could definitely use a Polworth-alternative and another centre half for sure. If I was being particularly greedy swapping a winger out and one in would be grand,

That's on the assumption that none of our "key players" move during this window.

Edited by capt_oats

Jordan White is being linked with some kind of move to County. Only really being reported on Twitter by some "fly on the wall" Twitter account which is sometimes spot on and other times it's miles off. One to keep an eye on potentially.
Well then...

8 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

We should absolutely not do that.

Aye. That feels like something like it has massive 'comes back to bite us' potential.

Then again, if it's a loan he can't play against us.

Alternatively, is Uncle Roy going to give us actual money for Jordan White?

5 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m all for White going to County. I’d imagine he’d maybe be more settled living up there so he might do better, but it frees up another wage for us and it means I never have to see him failing to win a header again.

I thought he won a few headers but he was flicking them on to nobody as he was furthest forward.