Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bit of a suggestion on our thread that we’re signing Jordan White before the end of the weekend.

No idea if it’s a loan or permanent but I take it no one here will be sad to see him go.

Do you need money to make it happen? 

53 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Smith looks like a far better fit in the big lump up top role and Kelly kept the score down. Those are two positives we can at least take.

He looked a handful but it won't be long before his card is marked by the referees on that performance today.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bit of a suggestion on our thread that we’re signing Jordan White before the end of the weekend.

No idea if it’s a loan or permanent but I take it no one here will be sad to see him go.

See, I don't think there's any ill will towards White here. He's fairly well proven at Championship level but he's just miles out his depth with us.

There's every chance he'd do a turn for Ayr.

47 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

All things considered, 1 point from the last two games playing against the runaway league winners and 3rd place team isn't a bad return, Wednesday's game is the kind of game where we need to start making things happen.

This is the kind of swings and roundabouts position that I've sort of settled on (almost).

If we'd lost 2-0 last week and drawn 1-1 today it'd be kind of "sure, OK" (though clearly heads would still be detached on Steelmen whatever happened).

The manner of the defeat is clearly annoying especially with shipping cheap goals and Polworth selling the jerseys. As multiple folk have said hopefully that's been an eyeopener for Alexander and P45s are being prepared (regardless of what he's saying in public).

Edited by capt_oats

34 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Heads gone all over the place on Steelmen Online...for me, I thought we were unlucky in the 1st half and were certainly no worse than Aberdeen...when Polworth had his 2nd meltdown of the day, we were fucked.

I am going over later but think I will have my tea first, left over lamb masaledar and some second day pakora 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m just defrosting the car. Will be leaving in 5, have him at Somerset Park by 8. 
Petrol money not required. 

I am not a Polworth fan on a day where he's been good but he's an empty jersey this season.

Our midfield is a fucking riot. Look at the names in there. Who can change or influence a game? Who is of a decent standard this year?

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I am not a Polworth fan on a day where he's been good but he's an empty jersey this season.

Our midfield is a fucking riot. Look at the names in there. Who can change or influence a game? Who is of a decent standard this year?

Aye, even as someone who is a fan of Polworth I've got to say he's been miles aff it this season. I thought he'd perked up a bit against St Mirren and Rangers but that today should see his card marked.

On a broader point, one that's been mentioned before on here he's literally our only creative midfielder - Campbell on his day is a smashing player but he's not going to unlock a defence, same with O'Hara, same with Donnelly, Crawford and Maguire while Cornelius only has a couple of first team games to his name. The only other player who you'd say is a creative midfielder is Semple and he's on loan at Cove (and not getting many regular starts).

It's wild that we've gone into this season knowing that Turnbull was leaving and pinned the entire creative side of our team to Polworth managing to keep up his form and staying free of injury.

Edited by capt_oats

We have not helped ourselves in this run of awful results but...

That is now 3 weeks in a row where the referee has literally fucked us over. 

I will say we were lucky to get a point v Rangers but their goal was potentially offside. Not a lot in it but with VAR I am quite sure it would not have stood. So a narrow one and almost forgivable. 

But the penalty for St Mirren was a disgrace. The save from the Aberdeen player today was almost as bad. A definite penalty. Even Sportscene pundits agree. Then you have the goal we scored v Hibs wrongly chalked off at 0-0. 

If this was Celtic or Rangers statements would be issued. The Managers  would be raging. 

Every game a key decision is going against us. It is getting beyond a joke now. 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I wouldn't be averse to Watt dropping back a bit further behind two other strikers.

This is the only way I can think of us having anything creative between midfield & attack. Between Campbell, Crawford, Maguire and O'Hara there's hunners of running and kicking folk but not very much actual football.