Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

37 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Stockley did well at Exeter (40 in 75) but isn't getting a look in at Preston after he moved there for £750k

Based purely on the names Bristol have been linked with I think it's fair to say that they're looking for a particular type of striker ie: a lanky centre forward.

The other name they were quoted as having an interest in alongside Stockley and Smith was Armand Gnanduillet who's also 6ft 4".

Hide contents

Like the look of big Armand seems to have a goal scoring record that wouldn’t come along often to ourselves wouldn’t have minded signing him however big weird Harry will do for me. Would like to see a 442 I’m sure someone mentioned GA played this at one of his previous clubs. 

2/3 signings away now from looking a real good side and hopefully steer away from this mess we are in. Winger and a midfielder next a hope. Centre back would be a bonus.

31 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've seen folk cite his "7 clubs in 7 years" as a negative as if his moves from Sittingbourne and Folkestone Invicta to Millwall were him being chased out :lol:

Aye. He's signed on a 6 month loan and based on form at the moment I'd say he's alongside Chris Long as a "not Jordan White" option off the bench since Watt and Cole are 2 first picks for our front 3 with Lawleff as the 3rd (the not Seedorf or Hastie option).

I wouldn't be getting overly choosy here. Although having said that I'd fully convinced myself that Adam Rooney would have been a smashing option.

Edited by capt_oats

This is an interesting read with Alexander:

Hopefully, I can meet the fans very soon when it is safe to do so. Our first half against Rangers on Sunday showcases exactly what I want our team to be.

We want to be a positive side and a team that works as hard as we can to push the boundaries of football and improve upon the clubs past successes. I want the fans to be proud of our team and see a team that shares the same values as them. We produced that with our bravery, courage and skill at the weekend and that’s what we want to showcase to them on a consistent basis. The first half of the Rangers match is a template of what we want to be as a team. Chris and I have been able to do that with our previous clubs and that’s exactly what we plan to bring to Motherwell.

I remember being at Pittodrie and Hamilton scored a goal from a ridiculous distance - don't think i ever saw it again... 
That was an absolute belter.

Paul Quinn nearly broke his neck in the celebrations as he went flying over Hamilton head first while trying to jump on him.

Seems we could also be in for the other striker Bristol Rovers were after. Highly highly unlikely given how many options we have now and signed a 6ft5 one yesterday however if we let go White I’d be all for having 2 big bas***ds up front causing it.