Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Donnelly actually describes what happened with his. He slipped in training and the two bones sliced his meniscus (it was a meniscus tear Carson had as well).

Fox is an ACL is it not?

Hmm, Thanks for that. Never took Biology at high school so my knowledge of the knee starts and stops at "Its the bendy bit on your leg".  

45 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, capt_oats said:
I see that's the team news page on the official been updated.
Long's return TBC due to a "muscular" injury.
1073408692_ScreenShot2021-01-19at15_08_45.png.83fecc328b558f47776ccc36da19e589.png

Didn't realise a torn face was now classed as a muscular injury.

Something does not appear right with this one..

There was a guy, seemingly an acquaintance on twitter saying he had a blood clot in his leg.  Can that be construed or described as a muscular injury ? And not to be given any date for a return. Even if out by a few weeks would they not put March or April.  How bad can it be when there is no indicative return date ? 

Carson rushed back too early ?

And for Dunne. Great lad but beginning to forget how long ago he last played a game for us. Were we not going to make a final decision in January or is that lol up in the air now with the new Manager. Even if he got back playing you wonder how long before he was injured again. 

Edited by welldaft

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Something does not appear right with this one..

There was a guy, seemingly an acquaintance on twitter saying he had a blood clot in his leg.  Can that be construed or described as a muscular injury ? And not to be given any date for a return. Even if out by a few weeks would they not put March or April.  How bad can it be when there is no indicative return date ? 

Carson rushed back too early ?

And for Dunne. Great lad but beginning to forget how long ago he last played a game for us. Were we not going to make a final decision in January or is that lol up in the air now with the new Manager. Even if he got back playing you wonder how long before he was injured again. 

Tbf the guy on Twitter seemed like a bit of a roaster so I'd be taking that with a shovel full of salt. 

Carson was rushed back far too early imo. I mind being quite shocked to see him named in the Dundee United team. Then in the act of catching a cross a week later knackers himself again. I'm no expert but it does seem a bit iffy. 

26 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Tbf the guy on Twitter seemed like a bit of a roaster so I'd be taking that with a shovel full of salt. 

Carson was rushed back far too early imo. I mind being quite shocked to see him named in the Dundee United team. Then in the act of catching a cross a week later knackers himself again. I'm no expert but it does seem a bit iffy. 

Aye, I'd take anyone popping up in the Twitter mentions with a V(L) for Ven.detta avi with a massive crate of salt.

What I thought was a bit weird about the Long thing is that Robinson didn't go into any sort of detail when asked about him. It was just "Chris Long will miss out. He's our only injury", "Chris Long won't be available yet, we're hoping maybe another week's time if it settles down a little bit more"  and he's barely been mentioned through any channels since (save his hat trick against Dundee on the socials yesterday).

Spoiler

Edited by capt_oats

Muscles injuries like hamstrings, thighs etc can always be a pain as there is usually a time scale however depending how the muscle reacts or if it is a recurring injury there may still be pain, so if he is genuinely injured then fair enough just hope he’s not ripping the piss as I think with a last chance to up his game he could be an asset up front. However if he’s faking his injury or any other matter for not playing then f*** um. He can walk back to England for whatever I care.

10 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Muscles injuries like hamstrings, thighs etc can always be a pain as there is usually a time scale however depending how the muscle reacts or if it is a recurring injury there may still be pain, so if he is genuinely injured then fair enough just hope he’s not ripping the piss as I think with a last chance to up his game he could be an asset up front. However if he’s faking his injury or any other matter for not playing then f*** um. He can walk back to England for whatever I care.

I believe the common shorthand there is a "back injury".

Spoiler

Iain-Vigurs.jpg

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If that's a veiled criticism about #Vigz, I won't hear it and I won't respond to it.

I mean it is obviously but I'm pretty sure McGhee used it as the reason McDonald was benched against Rangers in the Scottish Cup when he chucked his toys out the pram about the club kb'ing his move to Australia.

Edited by capt_oats

Just now, capt_oats said:

I mean it is obviiously but I'm pretty sure McGhee used it as the reason McDonald was benched against Rangers in the Scottish Cup when he chucked his toys out the pram about the club kb'ing his move to Australia.

:lol: was that the "carrying the team on his back" episode aye?

Maybe misremembering but I thought McDonald was actually pretty good when he came on in that game before McManus chucked it.

Unlike some, McDonald could play through a petted lip no bother. He was basically a grumpy bastart from the  moment he signed 2nd time around until he left - but he was still good value for us. His level of shithousery would be pretty welcome these days....