Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Would I be surprised if Robinson had given him an absolute bollocking at his lack of effort since coming back so he's spat the dummy? No.

Do I think he absolutely merits a bollocking? Yes. 

If we put out something to say we'd released him tomorrow I'd be pretty sound with it. 

Aye, this feels about right.

You had Robinson not even hinting about certain players attitude and even Alexander has kind of continued the theme in saying that he wants players who want to be here and basically said that he expected a few to go.

I'd honestly feel a bit more confident about things if we got the trebuchet out soon and just started launching folk. Given the size of the squad I'd have thought it'd make things a bit easier to get players in if we had a few outgoings first.

Edited by capt_oats

Just now, capt_oats said:

Aye, this feels about right.

You had Robinson not even hinting about certain players attitude and even Alexander has kind of continued the theme in saying that he wants players who want to be here.

I'd honestly feel a bit more confident about things if we got the trebuchet out soon and just started launching folk. Given the size of the squad I'd have thought it'd make things a bit easier to get players in if we had a few outgoings first.

Oh aye. Would very much like to see us launching c***s asap. White, Long, Seedorf, Lamie all given the Team Rocket treatment. 

team rocket GIF

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
37 minutes ago, dezz said:

Louis Moult’s name has been put to a few clubs regarding a loan according to Barry Anderson of the Scotsman.

Hibs are supposed to be in for him. Don't know how fit he is though, would he be worth a shout?

Hibs like ex Motherwell players and we like ex Livi players it would appear.

I was a Long fan boy only because you could see he had the talent. Dundee in the cup a prime example. If he ever screwed the nut then he would have had a decent career. But some sportsmen have their flaws and he seems like one of them that have a world against me attitude. Great if you can channel it correctly but fatal otherwise. 

We definitely need to get a few out other than our better players. If we have the same squad size now and add 2 or 3 more then we will have the biggest squad in the top flight. Even on lower wages that is a big wage bill. 

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
42 minutes ago, dezz said:

Louis Moult’s name has been put to a few clubs regarding a loan according to Barry Anderson of the Scotsman.

Hibs are supposed to be in for him. Don't know how fit he is though, would he be worth a shout?

At the risk of getting slaughtered I think we're all remembering the player he was not the player he currently is (Ie not kicked a ball in earnest for a year) It would take weeks just to get him fit then another few games to get match fit which could take us to March/April  so not sure if it would be worth the gamble. Different if we were sitting comfortably in the League.

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

At the risk of getting slaughtered I think we're all remembering the player he was not the player he currently is (Ie not kicked a ball in earnest for a year) It would take weeks just to get him fit then another few games to get match fit which could take us to March/April  so not sure if it would be worth the gamble. Different if we were sitting comfortably in the League.

I'm absolutely not judging but I had been wondering how much football he'd actually played since he left (bearing in mind he was injured when he actually signed for Preston).

He's not played at all this season and (apologies in advance for the tiny screenshots) these are his seasons since he moved to Preston. The large red blocks are when he's been injured or not in the squad.

119640095_ScreenShot2021-01-18at21_03_47.png.5fbcde28d8b32f0a9ffb77137e1522f4.png1127296634_ScreenShot2021-01-18at20_58_05.png.c72f5e30ad5a80ea5c469d4a52d7254e.png1083770875_ScreenShot2021-01-18at20_56_30.png.bd923f6de1419c1756336a1c4f77319d.png

Moult in a wheelchair would still be a better option than Jordan White.

I still have hope for Long. I don’t know why but I’ve got a feeling he could be important in the second half of the season. I do agree with flinging seedorf, Lamie, White, etc in the bin.

I liked Long last season, mainly for his pace and work rate on a good day. However the shift in his attitude this season has been brutal.

I’m not sure he’s that great a finisher - I think he actually got lucky last season in that I don’t think I’ve ever seen one player benefit from so many goalkeeping howlers in one season.

I still think he could add value if Alexander gave him a boot up the arse, but equally would be non-plussed were he to go. I can’t see who’d be queueing up to sign him right enough. He’s in a worse position now than when he came back with his tail between his legs in the summer.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

44 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I liked Long last season, mainly for his pace and work rate on a good day. However the shift in his attitude this season has been brutal.

I’m not sure he’s that great a finisher - I think he actually got lucky last season in that I don’t think I’ve ever seen one player benefit from so many goalkeeping howlers in one season.

I still think he could add value if Alexander gave him a boot up the arse, but equally would be non-plussed were he to go. I can’t see who’d be queueing up to sign him right enough. He’s in a worse position now than when he came back with his tail between his legs in the summer.

My take with Long, overlooking his torn face, is that he's probably our most expendable forward - he's barely turned up this season, he's not kicked a ball for us since 12th December and he's only got less than 6 months left on his deal.

Clearly were he here he'd most likely be our first choice sub ahead of White but even then I'm not sure he's the player we need right now. He's never really been a prolific goalscorer and his game seems to be far more about running the channels than playing centrally.

If we're wanting to bring players in then you'd think we'd need to move a few out and he 100% feels like someone we'd happily mutually consent if he/we found another club. Hastie would need Rangers to agree to take him back, Jordan White has 1.5 years left on his contract.

He's also probably still got more sellable qualities than someone like Seedorf when you consider he's come through at Everton, moved to Burnley in the Championship and hasn't played below League 1 level in England.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Who's prediction will come true first? 

RT for @supermarv saying we're signing Moult on loan. 

LIKE for my dead cert shout of Tam Scobbie to sign on Deadline Day. 

Well as you can see he’s been offered to clubs on loan so it’s hardly a surprise this window if he ends up here. In the summer there was too much doubt about his injury and lack of fitness and we wanted to go with other options. Not saying he’ll sign here but we will certainly be involved in trying to get him as well as others just depends who we want more and who wants to be here more.

In my honest opinion I’d rather we went for someone who’s fit and slots straight into the team and try for Moult again in the summer if he’s available, if he’s fit right now then it’s a no-brainer but I’m going to guess not as he’s not played all season basically so as said above it would take weeks/months to get him upto speed and into the team, in a relegation battle we need instant impacts.

Edited by supermarv

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

Well as you can see he’s been offered to clubs on loan so it’s hardly a surprise this window if he ends up here. In the summer there was too much doubt about his injury and lack of fitness and we wanted to go with other options. Not saying he’ll sign here but we will certainly be involved in trying to get him as well as others just depends who we want more and who wants to be here more.

In my honest opinion I’d rather we went for someone who’s fit and slots straight into the team and try for Moult again in the summer if he’s available, if he’s fit right now then it’s a no-brainer but I’m going to guess not as he’s not played all season basically so as said above it would take weeks/months to get him upto speed and into the team, in a relegation battle we need instant impacts.

Is there a Pinocchio emoji?

Hardly a surprise this window? 4 to 6 weeks from fitness and that’s from the horse’s mouth. 

Too much doubt in the summer? It wasn’t even up for debate, again from the horse’s mouth...

Anybody else seeing a recurring theme here?

6 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Is there a Pinocchio emoji?

Hardly a surprise this window? 4 to 6 weeks from fitness and that’s from the horse’s mouth. 

Too much doubt in the summer? It wasn’t even up for debate, again from the horse’s mouth...

Anybody else seeing a recurring theme here?

I simply said the club “enquired” meaning the club have approached Preston in the last 2 windows. Simply just passing on information that I was told, same person who told me we were signing a Scottish player who was based down in England last week but I guess you’ll have forgotten that one.

Its hardly a surprise as Preston have offered him to clubs to take him on loan until the end of the season, however if you actually read my post I’d have said about his injury/ fitness issues which may not be worth the risk.

Edited by supermarv

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If it wasn't for Covid I think we'd definitely have seen a Ruel Street scenario between Marv and Fringes by now

6 hours ago, CSmith said:

Bloody love ITKMarv season, and the following mini civil war that comes with it. Far more entertaining than the game itself right now anyway

Still waiting Nicky Law to sign for Sheffield Utd which was done and dusted years ago according to ITKFringe 😂