Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Campbell is the only (usually) good player. But the shape we played and his team mates essentially mean they are all balls just now.
There is no midfield width (Lawless is probably a LM, so barring him) as none of the wide men are mids, they are all "forwards who can play anywhere along the front 3".
We've not looked as though we've had a particular system or shape all season. Just don't look coached at all but hopefully Alexander can improve on that.

Just now, capt_oats said:

Tbh, for all I'm keen on seeing who's coming in the door I'm equally invested in seeing who's getting trebucheted out as that seems to be as big a problem as everything else.

Excited for Burrows to go full Ari Gold.

giphy.gif

Oh aye. Cannae wait to see the list of c***s that are getting emptied. Could bullet 7 or 8 folk and be no worse off. 

45 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Campbell is the only (usually) good player. But the shape we played and his team mates essentially mean they are all balls just now.
There is no midfield width (Lawless is probably a LM, so barring him) as none of the wide men are mids, they are all "forwards who can play anywhere along the front 3".

Lawless played RW or RWB for us

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Isn't he left footed and left sided?

If nothing else with Robinson out and Alexander in, it'd be nice to get this 'inverted wingers' pish launched as well.

It was cool when it was working and Hastie was cutting in off the right and pinging them in against St Mirren and Hearts but it's 100% ran its course.

Edited by capt_oats

20 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm hoping Lawless' signing leads to an influx of more early 2010s era also rans. Ideally Casagolda and the Cypriot tank driver to really get the band back together.

Niche as f**k but there was a photo of the tank driver at the time and, to this day, his t shirt absolutely fucking cracks me up. 

image.png.067603ad174e54a267dc6ce948c85d67.png

Happy with a point today but, yet again, another case of substitutions making us considerably weaker.

There's rumours about Adam Rooney and while he's no doubt past his best he'd undoubtedly be a better option off the bench than White or Maciver.

We didn't look like a bottom of the league team, which is the most important thing and gives Alexander something to use to build confidence. We are crying out for new players though when you look at the subbies we made today..

20 hours ago, supermarv said:

Always thought Hylton was the best winger we had at the club this summer too but he didn’t even get a chance... Albeit not amazing but he could create, doing well for County.

Fully agree with this fwiw. Would happily have punted Seedorf to the Highlands and kept Hylton.

Would have been absolutely gutted if we came out of that with nothing. So many players I think deserve praise today.

Kelly - Not a lot he can do with the goal but dealt with everything else pretty well.

Mugabi/Gallagher - dealt very well with everything rangers threw at us.

O’Donnell/Carrol - let rangers have the ball on the wing but dealt with it fairy decently when rangers tried to cut in (no stupid penalties given away).

Seedorf/Watt/Cole - in the first half I thought all 3 of them played their part well. Showed our issues on the bench that we didn’t really have anyone to replace Watt/Seedorf when they got tired.

Still think we have problems in the middle of the park, hopefully bring in someone who can deal with the position.