Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I mean, if we were guaranteed to just spend the one season in the Championship, I'd be all for it. New grounds to visit, a title race to romp, it would be some laugh. 

The reality, however, is we'd end up stuck down there for a couple of decades like a Falkirk. 

Just now, Desp said:

I mean, if we were guaranteed to just spend the one season in the Championship, I'd be all for it. New grounds to visit, a title race to romp, it would be some laugh.

Deal.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

The reality, however, is we'd end up stuck down there for a couple of decades like a Falkirk. 

No Deal.

28 minutes ago, Desp said:

How many leagues are down there?

12 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Watching Hylton ripping the pish out of Aberdeen is not improving my mood with us at the foot of the table.

I know he hardly kicked a ball since ballooning his penalty against St Mirren into orbit but in terms of final ball he was streets ahead of Seedorf.

Who knows what happened in the end up with him.

1 minute ago, Bigaldo said:

Even Campbell?

Campbell is the only (usually) good player. But the shape we played and his team mates essentially mean they are all balls just now.
There is no midfield width (Lawless is probably a LM, so barring him) as none of the wide men are mids, they are all "forwards who can play anywhere along the front 3".

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Campbell is the only (usually) good player. But the shape we played and his team mates essentially mean they are all balls just now.
There is no midfield width (Lawless is probably a LM, so barring him) as none of the wide men are mids, they are all "forwards who can play anywhere along the front 3".

I just sort of posted about this on the match thread. We've brought in Kelly and Lawless which is fine it means the Pieman will be nowhere near the team and as you say Lawless is probably an actual LM but the issues with the team are still there - we don't have a striker who'll back himself to score and our assortment of clownshoes defenders are still there.

Alexander was talking in his pre-match about expecting players to leave but his main focus is getting players in. In that respect I'm interested to see who's not starting tomorrow as this feels like a game that's just going to be used to assess the squad.

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You could probably argue that everybody has been off the boil in the whole team. One of the parts of Polworth's game when we were good was through balls to wide players to run on to. Unfortunately we don't have any of those anymore so that strikes that out of his game. Gallagher's not been on the same level, O'Donnell's a trier but he's not a revelation. Watt's probably the only one with pass marks in terms of being a link man but he's not a goalscorer as such. 

It's just been weird. Hopefully Graham Alexander buys everyone their own pair of Copas and we bounce back to some degree.