Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Just a shame that both Kilmarnock and St Mirren had games moved to the 30th January slot. We could have easily had the Hamilton vs St Mirren and Kilmarnock vs Motherwell Games during that time frame.

See, I'd much rather the re-arranged games were scheduled for a point at which we've brought in our new bodies and our injured players (*looks at Trevor Carson*) are fit again.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

See, I'd much rather the re-arranged games were scheduled for a point at which we've brought in our players and our injured players (*looks at Trevor Carson*) are fit again.

Yeah, but easily we could end up with 4 games in 8 days type of situation due to other fixtures (St Mirren still have to play Celtic as well as us and Hamilton i believe). we have 2 difficult games coming up and an easier tie after that rather than a break might actually help us toward moving up the table.

It’s just as well I was full of the hospitality booze and Christmas spirit at that Aberdeen game because if I’d been in my usual East Stand spot there’s no telling what I would have done to Samson that night.

Forgot how good a finish that was from McDonald too.

57 minutes ago, the west curve said:

I can’t see why Killie were fined. Their crime was according to the SPFL was sitting too close on a bus and at a dining table. They were a metre apart which at the time of the incident was the Scottish Government’s advice. The SPFL rules however were 2 metres. Killie as a result were also made to forfeit a cup game 3-0. The club that gained was Falkirk who were the club that was once denied promotion which led to Motherwell staying up. It’s a vicious circle that keeps revolving. 

I thought everyone knew that it was absolutely  impossible to catch covid when you are two metres or more from an infected human. Same thing with tackling someone on a football pitch.....ye just cannae catch it for some reason.

However sit one metre from someone and bang.... you’ve spread it.

Edited by NFL12

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I wish fans were allowed back at stadiums, I really want to boo Chris Cadden.

I think one of the worst bits about this season is that I haven't even had the catharsis of shouting abuse at c***s. Might open the window and start shouting at the neighbours.

Just a shame that both Kilmarnock and St Mirren had games moved to the 30th January slot. We could have easily had the Hamilton vs St Mirren and Kilmarnock vs Motherwell Games during that time frame.

By doing so they've freed both clubs up on separate midweeks where Motherwell don't have a game, and therefore both games can now be played on these dates rather than just one of them being played on the Scottish Cup weekend.

There are tons of free midweeks before the split anyway (and potentially Scottish Cup R4 Saturday too) so it's not really a big deal.

11 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I think one of the worst bits about this season is that I haven't even had the catharsis of shouting abuse at c***s. Might open the window and start shouting at the neighbours.

This is a serious point - the football is the only place as a grown man that it's vaguely acceptable for me to still stick the fingers up at a random and shout mindless abuse - that's what I'm really missing when all's said and done. I haven't called anyone a fucking rat in almost a year but never a moment goes by when I don't think about it..

11 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm sure Cadden mentioned at some point that he was really personally affected by criticism on social media etc so cyberbullying could be an option.

That's not very 'relentless life improvement' of you 

Edited by ATLIS

I don’t know how Hibs fans are going to cope with some of Cadden’s negative play. I’d be screaming “FORWARD” at the tele every time he decides to turn back and pass rather than run down the line.

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Does that mean Mark O'Hara is our top scorer again btw?

It's Tony in all competitions (6).

League is a joint effort between O'Hara, Lang and Watt (3)

4 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

I don’t know how Hibs fans are going to cope with some of Cadden’s negative play. I’d be screaming “FORWARD” at the tele every time he decides to turn back and pass rather than run down the line.

I'd wonder how they'll cope with all the crosses shanked out of play tbh.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Swello said:

This is a serious point - the football is the only place as a grown man that it's vaguely acceptable for me to still stick the fingers up at a random and shout mindless abuse - that's what I'm really missing when all's said and done. I haven't called anyone a fucking rat in almost a year but never a moment goes by when I don't think about it..

Starting to wonder if the lad along the row from me is shouting "HOWWWW MAANNYYYYY TIIIIIIIIIIMES?!" at his weans any time they spill their dinner just to get his fix.

Edited by well fan for life