Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

41 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The fall out was hilarious. McGhee was made out to be some sort of monster by fans for upsetting the human highlight reel. Unfortunately Ainsworth was like that for 9/10 games at a time sometimes. Look at how fucking poor he was there.

And that park is a pure tattie field. 

The worst of that shitshow was that there were 10 other fucking hopeless cases on the park that were also at fault at that point. Ainsworth was just an easy target for McGhee.

Also I stand on the hill of Lionel Ainsworth and I will fucking die on it if need be.

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The worst of that shitshow was that there were 10 other fucking hopeless cases on the park that were also at fault at that point. Ainsworth was just an easy target for McGhee.

Also I stand on the hill of Lionel Ainsworth and I will fucking die on it if need be.

I am on that hill too, great player for us. I accept his faults and call them out. 

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Is it bad that this is the shitshow I remember him for?

giphy.gif

Sorry to pull a RandomGuy and wade into another club's thread with my two cents, but assuming Ainsworth is number 7 down the bottom who's a bit flat footed?

In which case, the defender who half-heartedly 'blocks' the 10mph shot and the keeper who somehow cannot save it are far more to blame than him. :lol:

Edited by HibsFan

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Sorry to pull a RandomGuy and wade into another club's thread with my two cents, but assuming Ainsworth is number 7 down the bottom who's a bit flat footed?

In which case, the defender who half-heartedly 'blocks' the 10mph shot and the keeper who somehow cannot save it are far more to blame than him. :lol:

as @well fan for life suggested, the game was a complete shit show and the full team were awful.

11 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

It was also the game where McGhee subbed off Moult and tried playing Johnson as a centre forward.

On the Rooney thing, if it's true I'm on the fence but would probably end up in the f**k it, he'll do camp. He was quite overrated at Aberdeen and has presumably dropped off a bit since, but he seems like the sort of p***k we could do with upfront and Alexander we'll know whether or not he can get a tune out of him still.

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

On the Rooney thing, if it's true I'm on the fence but would probably end up in the f**k it, he'll do camp. He was quite overrated at Aberdeen and has presumably dropped off a bit since, but he seems like the sort of p***k we could do with upfront and Alexander we'll know whether or not he can get a tune out of him still.

This is what I remember from Adam Rooney. 

Now I know that's an absolute dive but fucking hell I thought my head was going to explode at Craig Samson for that bit of goalkeeping. 

3 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Now I know that's an absolute dive but fucking hell I thought my head was going to explode at Craig Samson for that bit of goalkeeping. 

Samson pushing that out like that still gets me seething every time I see it.

Rooney did well at Salford, but much in the way that Gary Neville won't be happy with any manager that isn't Alex Ferguson, he won't be happy unless the striker is a peak Van Nistelrooy.

19 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That Twiitter account seems to be a bit of a Walter Mitty affair. He's posting 'exclusives' that aren't actually published anywhere and other than that he's just RTing and QTing legit accounts with confirmed transfers.

Amusingly the only mutual account of mine that follows it is P&B.

So yeah, file under 'sceptical'.

Edited by capt_oats

I was absolutely livid at Samson for that. I turned into one of those seething messes that sprints down the stairs of the east stand to hurl some abuse.

His trademark move was palming pretty much every shot straight back out to the feet of an opposition player.

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I was absolutely livid at Samson for that. I turned into one of those seething messes that sprints down the stairs of the east stand to hurl some abuse.

His trademark move was palming pretty much every shot straight back out to the feet of an opposition player.

I don't tend to lose my heid very often at the football, really. However that was an exceptional circumstance that merited an absolute torrent of abuse. 

Fortunately I was not alone in this. 

Social media certainly seems to think the appeals have been won.

Excellent sense by the spfl to then allow both teams who were at fault to schedule games in the Saturday that was just freed up but neither against us