Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Now that Saturday 30th Jan is free and could have been used, Both St Mirren and Kilmarnock have had games brought forward from March and Feb. Surely they could have waited to see if these ‘forfeited’ games had to be played before bringing games forward.

28 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Ach we'll get those points

It would be interesting to know if a fair outcome for Accies and us was part of the discussion or if it was purely an appeal on the severity of the initial punishment (and I wonder if the two things can really be separated). 

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

Now that Saturday 30th Jan is free and could have been used, Both St Mirren and Kilmarnock have had games brought forward from March and Feb. Surely they could have waited to see if these ‘forfeited’ games had to be played before bringing games forward.

You could still use the dates from which these games were moved Motherwell aren't playing on either date, so you could play us in the February date and St Mirren in the March one. There's tons of other midweeks available anyway if not.

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
19 minutes ago, Marinello said:
Stevie Lawless it seems.

Really? I am suitably underwhelmed.

The one that got away.

Although we didn’t really mind, even if he did have that one good season at Livingston.

Fwiw, my take on Lawless isn't exactly ground breaking:

Is Steven Lawless a sexy signing? Absolutely not.
Is Steven Lawless likely to offer more than someone like Sherwin Seedorf? Absolutely

I'm hesitant to keep citing Robinson because he's no longer our manager but one of the things he was talking about before he resigned was that with transfers in this window one of the problems we have is that players from down south are reluctant to come up here because they'll simply be sat in a flat on their own on account of *all this*.

In that respect we're probably fishing in an even more shallow pool than usual.

However, a natural extension of that point is that players who may be more open to coming up the road are the ones whose families are based up here. So there's a fair chance that it's going to be guys like that who we'll have a better chance of getting in the door.

Agree with@capt_oats, Lawless isn’t our usual unknown quantity January window winger but he’ll offer a whole lot more than the wide options we’ve got just now. Seems like he’s not had a sniff at Burton so it might take him a bit of time to get up to speed.

On another note;

No idea who this ‘freelance journalist’ is but he’s suggesting Alexander wants to bring Adam Rooney in having obviously worked with him at Salford. He looked just about finished by the time he left Aberdeen so no idea what he’ll be like now. Adam Rooney 3 years ago is exactly the type of player we could be doing with though.

I'm genuinely surprised that in the hugely leaky world of Scottish Football, whatever was decided by the Motherwell's Six Point Restoration committee last night isn't common knowledge already.

Edited by Swello

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

He's going to need to simmer down on the rampant hunnery on his social media if he is to be well received.... At least judging by the reaction with Stephen Hendrie.

Strongly agree. I'm rarely on Twitter these days but he was bad for that pish when he was at Thistle IIRC.

21 minutes ago, dezz said:

No idea who this ‘freelance journalist’ is but he’s suggesting Alexander wants to bring Adam Rooney in having obviously worked with him at Salford. He looked just about finished by the time he left Aberdeen so no idea what he’ll be like now. Adam Rooney 3 years ago is exactly the type of player we could be doing with though.

Sceptical about that account but for the sake of argument:

Would I want 32 year old Adam Rooney as a first choice #9 at Motherwell?: Absolutely not.
Would I take 32 year old Adam Rooney as an 'option off the bench' ahead of Jordan White?: Absolutely

Our signings are normally former players, ex-Livingston players, pals of Gallagher or those out of favour at lower league English clubs. We'll be jumping at the chance to tick of all of those in one signing.

Fortunately, I think this is us signing a winger, rather than an option who can play across the front three.

Not the most exciting signing ever, but as said by others, a better option than Hastie or Seedorf is a step in the right direction.

A name thay popped up on my Twitter feed yesterday was Greg Stewart. I completely forgot he existed as he seems pretty out of the picture at Rangers. I wonder if he might be someone we'd asking about?

Surely we still have the receipt for Hastie so can send him back to Ibrox and exchange him for Stewart until the end of the season.