Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Cheers lads, that's what I thought. Maybe gives Ross the option of playing the 352 (which I've had a bit of a hard-on for all year) with Boyle up front. Would mean Cadden and Doig at WB which isn't a lot of crossing/technical ability.

50/50 signing either way but we needed bodies and more importantly athleticism as we've looked one paced (Boyle/Doig aside) all season. Irvine and Cadden both look like signings with that in mind 

Are Hibs paying money for him?

1 minute ago, dezz said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55610371

There’s the BBC reporting that the hearing isn’t due to start until 6pm tonight and it’s likely we won’t hear the outcome until early next week.

Looking forward to us leaping to 6th place in 3 months time when they finally announce their decision. 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It's a SFA panel who I think will be more lenient- I really can't see them upholding the decision to award the games.

It really depends on the basis of their appeals and whether there's anything more to it than an "it's no' fair" moan.

The fact that Killie are of the view that their breaches were/are less serious than St Mirren, who by all accounts were just openly letting their players lick each others faces at training or whatever, means you could see different outcomes (which would be a laugh).

Goodwin's scrambling quotes in that article are hilarious. Absolutely everything he's putting forward is quite easily countered.

Edited by capt_oats

From a Hibs point of view, I'd be over the moon with the Jackson Irvine signing. The Cadden one is pretty much meh. He won't be a game changer for them, but similar to the Motherwell team he broke into  he'll do a decent job with lots of good players around about him. @Genuine Hibs Fan

On the SPFL, I have no faith in the process whatsoever and I fully expect them to scrap the original punishment, hand out a small fine to both clubs but arrange for the outstanding games to be replayed. 

From a Hibs point of view, I'd be over the moon with the Jackson Irvine signing. The Cadden one is pretty much meh. He won't be a game changer for them, but similar to the Motherwell team he broke into  he'll do a decent job with lots of good players around about him. [mention=76392]Genuine Hibs Fan[/mention]
On the SPFL, I have no faith in the process whatsoever and I fully expect them to scrap the original punishment, hand out a small fine to both clubs but arrange for the outstanding games to be replayed. 

With the current situation in England with the number of games being postponed as “ other “ surely the only outcome.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Also I now think the Killie game being rearranged but the St Mirren 3-0 being upheld is actually the funniest possible outcome tbh. Just do that @SPFL 

And Hamilton to get a draw.