Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

28 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

How long has that been our Twitter bio? I'd say it's a massive riddy but it's too bizzare to even be embarrassing by this point.

I wondered if Ryan Murrant still had a log in.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sun seem to running the story that it's Alexander.

The Sun were also running an 'exclusive' a couple of days ago that Lasley had 4 games so I'd hold off on that one for now (or at least until it's on the official).

Edited by capt_oats

38 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The Sun were also running an 'exclusive' a couple of days ago that Lasley had 4 games so I'd hold off on that one for now (or at least until it's on the official).

Aye. The Sun know f**k all about Motherwell.

Unless it comes from Scott Burns don't believe anything is officially done.

Graham Alexander set to be appointed along with his long-term No. 2 Chris Lucketti.

Motherwell 'set to appoint' Graham Alexander as new boss bit.ly/3bjUNPU

If what Scott Burns says is true, Alexander is bringing an assistant with him, which presumably would mean the end of Lasley's time, which would make me a bit sad even though that is the nature of the job...

With Las, I had always assumed that his best path was to manage a lower division club as his next move, so maybe that will happen now...

ETA: I was wondering why the tweet formatted weirdly and it looks like Burns may have deleted it - so maybe the assistant manager stuff isn't true (or maybe no-one has told Las yet :ph34r: )

Edited by Swello

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

Graham Alexander set to be appointed along with his long-term No. 2 Chris Lucketti.

Motherwell 'set to appoint' Graham Alexander as new boss bit.ly/3bjUNPU

If what Scott Burns says is true, Alexander is bringing an assistant with him, which presumably would mean the end of Lasley's time, which would make me a bit sad even though that is the nature of the job...

With Las, I had always assumed that his best path was to manage a lower division club as his next move, so maybe that will happen now...

Someone over on SO saying Las is to become reserve team manager and Ross set to leave.

The optimist in me says Alexander will be a great appointment. He's a young manager who seems to have had a fairly decent record wherever he's been so far. Added to that he isn't one of the usual names on the Scottish manager merry-go-round.

The pessimist in me says that he still has to work with the absolute pile of shite which is our squad. We could appoint Klopp or Guardiola and I still wouldn't be entirely confident of this mob keeping us up.

29 minutes ago, Swello said:

I kind of wondered how it would play if Alexander wanted to bring in his own guy. The fact Lucketti's been with him at Fleetwood, Scunthorpe and Salford suggested he would.

I don't think it's entirely unfair to say we could actually use someone else that's new coming in as well.

Also, that's twice Lasley's put his name forward for the job and it's seemed optimistic on both occasions considering the only time he's actually managed a side was during Robinson's suspensions and I guess even that was under direction. It's not like he even managed the u20s...he was Craigan's assistant.

It kind of feels like if he genuinely wants to get into management then he's going to have to step back and actually manage a side.

25 minutes ago, santheman said:

Someone over on SO saying Las is to become reserve team manager and Ross set to leave.

Which actually sounds quite plausible tbh...

Lasley gets some management experience while the club keep a well-liked ambassador and cut loose a guy who they've had to apologise for twice this season after appearances on podcasts.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

The optimist in me says Alexander will be a great appointment. He's a young manager who seems to have had a fairly decent record wherever he's been so far. Added to that he isn't one of the usual names on the Scottish manager merry-go-round.

The pessimist in me says that he still has to work with the absolute pile of shite which is our squad. We could appoint Klopp or Guardiola and I still wouldn't be entirely confident of this mob keeping us up.

At least GA (if true) will have several weeks to sort out said pile of shite. 
I suspect one if not two / three of our better players may leave. Rumours abound on Gallacher, Campbell and ODonnell. The former two sold and the latter out of contract. 
That would make his job even more difficult but I suspect the club will have promised him proceeds from any sales to bolster the squad. Otherwise why would you take the job on when a side losing its best players and poorest in form table etc.

Hopefully he can also work out the dross and try and shift a few on.