Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Using Chapman as a benchmark I'd say Kelly is akin to Buffon.

Yup, under our present circs Kelly would be a good move. Selected for a few Scottish 'A' squads and did well at Livi.

But SJ fan saying he is better than Carson is tripe. 

A concern is his height as he falls into the Twardzik and Hollis category.

12 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

McGinley and Cole don't wanna be here? Did I miss that?

Probably a bit OTT on these two, McGinley done an interview suggesting he was finding it tough settling in and I think someone speculated that there was something more to it i.e he was struggling with this.

In regards to Cole, I'm a big fan of him but I always feel like he's a similar type that can't wait to get back down the road to England. I get that this is the goal for most guys coming to the club but I just feel it is a bit too overt at times. I think we down ourselves a wee bit sometimes, we aren't THAT shite a place to be. Cole and others jump at the chance to go and then come back here as a last resort (Long) There is a fine line between getting these guys who are ambitious and having guys that actually enjoy being here and might actually stay for more than a couple of seasons. Contridicting myself but in saying all this Devante is probably one of the few guys I'd keep just now. You know though, come contract expiration we will be 2nd choice to some L1 club.

Edited by Luke92

Gallagher story looks like dirge stirred up by his agent. I'd be shocked if Celtic were even looking at him after the season he has had thus far.

Liam Kelly looks like a good move, hopefully we can get it finalised. To me, it doesn't bode well for Carson's recovery time. I wouldn't expect Kelly to come in unless he thought he was going to get a chance of first team football atleast to start with.

On the manager front I really hope we are making quick progress. We really need someone in by atleast the Rangers game to give them a chance to bring folk in. The goalkeeper position is a no brainer but I don't really think it's a bright idea for Lasley/Foyle to bring in their own players prior to a new manager coming in.

2 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

On the manager front I really hope we are making quick progress. We really need someone in by atleast the Rangers game to give them a chance to bring folk in. The goalkeeper position is a no brainer but I don't really think it's a bright idea for Lasley/Foyle to bring in their own players prior to a new manager coming in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55546870

Manager within 48 hours apparently!

BBC reporting Motherwell to announce our new manager within 48 hours. Let’s just hope they get it right and don’t go for the easiest option. 

Also, if Archer has just left today does that mean he was available for Saturday and not used...

8 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

BBC reporting Motherwell to announce our new manager within 48 hours. Let’s just hope they get it right and don’t go for the easiest option. 

Also, if Archer has just left today does that mean he was available for Saturday and not used...

I suspect we told him to go home for Christmas assuming Carson was fine. However he wasn't and we ended up stuck with the gormless one. 

Will we have a team left at this rate...

Hoping the rumours about many clubs being interested in Gallacher and Campbell are true. In the case of the former it may allow us to get true value for a Scotland International with anything between 6 months and 1.5 years left on his deal. As oppose to the £25,000 Celtic will offer. 

Would also probably take a similar amount akin to Campbell’s compensation + small top up. I mean if we are due £400k + if he signs a pre contract why would we let him go when we could get the same amount plus have him play for the next 5 months ? 

Stephen O Donnell almost certainly will be away if Stoke or similar are interested. I guess it depends on debate of money v playing for Scotland in Euros if he was not a certain starter. 

Any new Manager will have a lot on their plate this month. The 3 above mentioned are our better players. Many of us would like to see the back of most the crap ones of which sadly there are quite a few ! 

So Lasley, Graham Alexander, Tommy Wright and who? Gary Holt or something?

Hard to get really excited about these names but at this point give me Tommy Wright and shitfest until May and I'd be satisfied.

The thought of how feart the players would be of Tommy Wright is majorly appealing at the moment.

Hard to get really excited about these names but at this point give me Tommy Wright and shitfest until May and I'd be satisfied.
The thought of how feart the players would be of Tommy Wright is majorly appealing at the moment.

David Hopkins I suspect.

Millwall apparently having a look at Campbell.

Anyone but Lasley. Maybe at some point in the future but that result on Saturday should have seen him crossed off the list.

Graham Alexander appeals to me but in all of his jobs so far he seems to have taken charge of already decent teams and made them better. For us he'd be coming into a complete shitshow.