Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

37 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I'm going to throw the name 'Paul Cook' into the ring, based on the fact I spotted him on the TansfrMarkt list of available managers, he's "desperate to get back in" to football,  he managed Sligo Rovers for a long time, so he's not afraid of relocating to 'foreign climes' (but he's a Scouser and has tended to manage Northern clubs so probably not an issue anyway)

So that's me with my somewhat-optimistic guesstimate of our next manager.

"You heard it here first" (I say, with about as much confidence as I have in White scoring a hat-trick against the Accies)

Does he not have. _ "Previous"

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

About a year ago I remember the forum fawning over the Irish managers and how it's probably a market that should be raided more often. Since then two have now slunk off with their tails between their legs, one is a club legend being chased and the other is one week being chased, the next should have a statue built. 

UVsrkHZ.jpg

6 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Strangely/ stupidly, this is my concern. I mean, Robinsons signings have largely been shite but despite that I was looking forward to a couple of new players. 

If reports are correct and they were due to be unveiled on Saturday, then I doubt either party could back out now?

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

...and the other is one week being chased, the next should have a statue built. 

I don't think Goodwin has ever been "chased". There's been descenting voices sure, but put it this way, I'd say his popularity at it's worst has been as low as McPake's popularity at it's height.. ;)

Still I'd expect Motherwell to be looking over at Greenhill Road and wondering if they have the war chest enough to snap up what is clearly one of Scotland's best upcoming managerial talents. :D

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

You forget how shite St Mirren have been for decades until their fans start popping up in every corner of this website braying about their success once a manager has taken them to the heady heights of... 7th.

I particularly like how they kept writing their goalkeeper "never had a save to make" as their team is 2-0 down. At half time.

A real sense of achievement. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

You forget how shite St Mirren have been for decades until their fans start popping up in every corner of this website braying about their success once a manager has taken them to the heady heights of... 7th.
We'll have the last laugh once we're sitting in 6th*.

*In the 21/22 Scottish Championship.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I don't think Goodwin has ever been "chased". There's been descenting voices sure, but put it this way, I'd say his popularity at it's worst has been as low as McPake's popularity at it's height.. ;)

Still I'd expect Motherwell to be looking over at Greenhill Road and wondering if they have the war chest enough to snap up what is clearly one of Scotland's best upcoming managerial talents. :D

You been on the sherry ? 

Shite for decades yet in that time we have still managed 1 more national trophy than Motherwell (who knows maybe 2 more in a few weeks). I'll take that level of shite any day as would fans of most teams on here !

Oh and don't forget it will soon be the 44th anniversary of the infamous invasion of Fir Park [emoji28]

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Shite for decades yet in that time we have still managed 1 more national trophy than Motherwell (who knows maybe 2 more in a few weeks). I'll take that level of shite any day as would fans of most teams on here !

Oh and don't forget it will soon be the 44th anniversary of the infamous invasion of Fir Park emoji28.png

You really shouldn't rise to his bait, it was quite clearly marked. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Oh and don't forget it will soon be the 44th anniversary of the infamous invasion of Fir Park emoji28.png

The cup win is nothing to be sniffed at but it's essentially 3 or 4 good games in 2012-13 in the middle of 3 decades of relegation battles. St Mirren haven't had a "good" league season in my lifetime and it's pretty obvious that's why you lot get carried away with any slightly decent run of form.