Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

He isn't. We're relying on his 1 good cross out of 15 attempts it seems.
I have said it afore I am not his biggest fan but he really is a man down these days.

He was great at slipping the ball inside the full back for the wide player to run on to, we have no wide players.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Actually that is bollox. 
I know a fair few Aberdeen fans and they have wanted McWinless gone for past 2 years despite finishing in the most realistic place you possible could in the league. 
We have won 6 games in 2020. Taken 2 points from 18 from St Mirren and Hamilton FFS.

Hardly comparable... 

Ah, but if you take budgets into account...

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

He was great at slipping the ball inside the full back for the wide player to run on to, we have no wide players.

This imbalance at the front is mainly down to Robinson's flawed idea of bringing in guys to play anywhere across the front 3. 

We already knew Seedorf was pish, and Hastie has been a massive disappointment who we can hopefully pap back to Rangers in January. 

The rest are mainly effective in the central role. Watt and Lang (who's offski anyway) are good for dropping deeper to help link middle to front, as is Cole to an extent, although minus a bit of the work ethic of the first two.Torn faced Long is an out and out striker/poacher ,but with what seems like a a poor attitude. We'd be as well getting rid if possible. 

None of them are guys who are going to strip the full backs, get to the byline and offer quality balls into the box, and the forward area is by far the most in need of change in January. 

At the back, hopefully Carroll is now fit and can return to left back, and if SOD leaves we could probably get by with Grimmy on the right, as he has been at least decent recently. 

In the middle we lack creativity, and Polworth has been a big disappointment. It looks like it could well be a relegation battle from here on in though, so a more combative setup of Campbell, Crawford, Maguire and O'Hara could be the best way to go. If Donnelly were to make a return, all the better. 

Get a couple of effective bodies in the wider areas, and if we could somehow instill some heart into this lily liveried shower of shite , a return to something resembling Thunderdome fitba might somehow see us to safety. 

As I've said in my earlier post though, I've no idea who the man to sort this mess out is, but I'm virtually certain that it's not Robinson. 

6 minutes ago, Franz Resch said:

That's very big of you. You've only missed four games. 

If you're the real Franz Resch, I know your time with us was a bit strange and short lived like so many around that time, you're also probably about 60 now... but do you still have your boots and are you available on Saturday? 

9 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

If you're the real Franz Resch, I know your time with us was a bit strange and short lived like so many around that time, you're also probably about 60 now... but do you still have your boots and are you available on Saturday? 

Imagine it was though

19 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

And can you bring your big pal Mario to lead the line up front

43 minutes ago, Franz Resch said:

That's very big of you. You've only missed four games. 

I'm well aware of that. I didn't know that at the time mind you, I had no intention of setting foot inside FP again last season after that shambolic night....I just didn't realise that the season would be ended less than a month later.

I feel like I'm more towards "Robinson out" now, which is sad because I think he comes across as a nice guy and a conscientious worker, but one win in nine, six wins in thirty league games, however you want to frame it, is taking its toll. It's clearly not working.

The amount of times he's dug his players up interviews now for attitude or application tells me something that players aren't playing for him. Long, Hastie and Polworth we already know have had incidents over the course of the season, who knows who else has.

He looks like a man out of ideas. Much like McCall was after that Friday night game away to St. Johnstone in 2014. 

However, as much as I think a freshen up might be required and soon, I also realise that the fact the window is about to open and we have games right through it, rather than a winter break, is going to make it very difficult for any prospective new managers to get bodies in and out.

As far as I'm concerned with the transfer window in terms of players, as long as we keep Gallagher, Campbell (although neither has been anywhere near their best of late), Watt and Carson, if any other player were to leave, I doubt I'd lose much sleep over it.

11 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I genuinely hate this team. I mean, we've had some shite teams over the years but I can't think of any squad we've had which lacks both character and ability in the way our current mob does. We need to get things right in January or we're in massive bother.

There's probably an element of not being able to actually go to a game that contributes to this but I know what you mean.

Carson, Gallagher, Campbell & Watt are the only players at all worth a f**k this season. Outside of those 4 if anyone left I wouldn't be one bit bothered. 

The transfers have been an absolute disaster, which I think a lot of us could see coming. I was sceptical of Lamie & White and they've proven to be worse than I could ever expected. You see how pish we are at creating anything, so you look at the bench and realise that it's even worse than what's on the park.