Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I would be one for Robbo out stuff but I think the club is too pally for the sacking until it's a dead cert.

What a crock of shite this is.

55 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You were sitting a week ago looking really good

Yer story falls apart here.

We've been rank rotten all year, not just recently.

I've not been at a game since I walked out of Fir Park in the 14th minute of the St Mirren Cup debacle back in February and from what I have seen of us since then we haven't improved one iota. We have the same issues as we had back then - the squad is full of dross (if anything it's worse now) and we have zero bottle or character. We cannot afford to give Robinson another transfer window as he's proved time and again that he isn't up to recruiting the players we require. 

For a club that is forever reminding all and sundry that we have such a small budget, allowing the same manager to squander it on dross year after year is sheer folly.

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

7 years ago. Four of my favourite Motherwell players ever scoring + Francis Angol who I had a wee soft spot for.  Dan Twardzik even looks semi-convincing. 

That was a great game to be at  - what an atmosphere in the stand. And watching stuff like this does more damage to my mental health than Covid ever could :)

You guys are worse than Aberdeen fans for manager “he’s magnificent”/“bin him now”. It wasn’t that long ago that you were begging him not to take the Northern Ireland job, and now you are demanding that he is sacked before the next transfer window. Fitba fans, eh?

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You guys are worse than Aberdeen fans for manager “he’s magnificent”/“bin him now”. It wasn’t that long ago that you were begging him not to take the Northern Ireland job, and now you are demanding that he is sacked before the next transfer window. Fitba fans, eh?

This your first encounter with fitba fans mate?

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Actually that is bollox. 
I know a fair few Aberdeen fans and they have wanted McWinless gone for past 2 years despite finishing in the most realistic place you possible could in the league. 
We have won 6 games in 2020. Taken 2 points from 18 from St Mirren and Hamilton FFS.

Hardly comparable... 

Wee Al the latest to be stuck in front of the camera at full time to wheel out the usual 'It's not good enough', 'We must be better' spiel. 

This squad, under the current management just don't have it in them to do it though. We have the core of a side that when our first picks are all available, on paper, should be good enough to challenge for top 6 at the very least. 

The reality is though, that particular group have rarely/never been on the park at the one time, and some of them for whatever reason are either under performing or disinterested. The rest simply aren't good enough, and that's all on Robinson. Guys who aren't good enough for the level, and have no scope in their ability to be coached into better players.

Hamilton up next is absolutely fucking massive. Lose there (which I honestly think we will), shit gets very real and I think Robinson's time is up. 

31 minutes ago, Swello said:

That was a great game to be at  - what an atmosphere in the stand. And watching stuff like this does more damage to my mental health than Covid ever could :)

A bit of distraction there, I almost smiled.

Some boy took the ball round Dan and Dan sprinted back and cleared it, that’s what got him the contract but at the time it was wonderful.

Edited by ropy

We need something in midfield or out wide, it’s called creativity.

Until recently the defence has kept the score down.  The attack have to make their own chances, although they don’t.

We have no creativity, Polworth isn’t doing it, maybe he is being marked out the games, I haven’t noticed.

The one fleeting bit of creativity in the month was Hastie coming on against St Mirren, never seen again, will possibly never been seen again.

15 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I mean in January all we need is a keeper, a couple of defenders, another midfielder or two and a couple of strikers. 

GET THE BAND BACK TOGETHER.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.720f0ddbb1879023c84510cc98ffb53c.png

Well since you’ve pretty much broke the good news for January. Here is the real photo. 

4E0319F0-FFCD-49E5-AE03-417B6E795A3B.jpeg

I genuinely hate this team. I mean, we've had some shite teams over the years but I can't think of any squad we've had which lacks both character and ability in the way our current mob does. We need to get things right in January or we're in massive bother.

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

We have no creativity, Polworth isn’t doing it, maybe he is being marked out the games, I haven’t noticed.

He isn't. We're relying on his 1 good cross out of 15 attempts it seems.
I have said it afore I am not his biggest fan but he really is a man down these days.