Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Have our postponed games been rearranged yet? 

Don’t be silly. 

The SPFL will have a meeting next week to discuss the meeting they will have to discuss the possibility of reaching a conclusion in 2031. 

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Don’t be silly. 

The SPFL will have a meeting next week to discuss the meeting they will have to discuss the possibility of reaching a conclusion in 2031. 

Apologies. Noticed some other midweek fixtures and got positively giddy with excitement. 

On 22/11/2020 at 22:05, RandomGuy. said:

Sure you were all on tenterhooks waiting, but added the 16/17 season in now.

Louis Moult season 16/17 comes out as the 12th best striker in the league between 16/17-19/20.

Take out the OF, and only Liam Boyce 16/17 ranks higher.

Ojamma at Dundee in 16/17, and Wighton at Hearts 18/19, now both below White. Wighton with the perfect 0 score.

One can only assume White skyrocketed off the bottom of the table after his Herculean performance off the bench on Saturday.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

One can only assume White skyrocketed off the bottom of the table after his Herculean performance off the bench on Saturday.

His 0.1 score is almost entirely down to winning some headers.

Its hard to accurately explain how bad Wighton must've been to score 0.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His 0.1 score is almost entirely down to winning some headers.

Its hard to accurately explain how bad Wighton must've been to score 0.

Yet we still persist with White as an ‘option’ off the bench when we need a goal. 

Last season's tactic of signing a Livi player and an Inverness player worked, but it's not been as successful this summer.

White does seem to be the type of player Robinson signs then gets rid of in the summer a la Fisher, however, I wonder if there's any desire to get rid of Long in January, as he's probably picking up a decent wage, contributing pretty much similar to White and doesn't exactly look like he exudes happiness around the place.

I'd also wonder if we were able to exercise the clause in Hastie's loan if we would do that too but I also wonder if the fact our squad is now so bare (who would have thought it when we had about 30 first team players in August) that we won't get rid of anyone.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

I still suspect we'll look at emptying him in January. He's like a worse Alex Fisher. 

Aye, I mean, while he was here we still used Fisher now and again - same as we are with White. We chucked him in for a few games through that injury-crisis run in December IIRC but it was one of those where it was clear it wasn't working out.

Tbh, with White it really depends on why we signed him. If it was to be chucked on in the last 10 mins of games as an 'option' then he's pretty much filling that role as is - if we were expecting him to be wildly effective that's a different story but @crazylegsjoe_mfc is possibly on to something with his point about Long - there's an argument that he's the more underperforming of the two.

As with these things it really depends on whether there's any interest from other clubs. Long, with 6 months left on his deal feels like he'd be easier to move on than White who has 1.5 years - especially given the market for White is likely to be Championship and below.

51 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Last season's tactic of signing a Livi player and an Inverness player worked, but it's not been as successful this summer.

White does seem to be the type of player Robinson signs then gets rid of in the summer a la Fisher, however, I wonder if there's any desire to get rid of Long in January, as he's probably picking up a decent wage, contributing pretty much similar to White and doesn't exactly look like he exudes happiness around the place.

I'd also wonder if we were able to exercise the clause in Hastie's loan if we would do that too but I also wonder if the fact our squad is now so bare (who would have thought it when we had about 30 first team players in August) that we won't get rid of anyone.

It wouldn't be a massive surprise re: Long.  He's only on a year deal so it's up in the summer and our first choice front 3 is pretty much fixed now - the re-signing has always seemed a very temporary thing.

From Hastie's POV it was Rangers who mentioned the clause in their PR: "RANGERS Football Club can confirm attacker Jake Hastie will join Motherwell on-loan for the 2020/21 season, with a recall option in January 2021" we announced it as a "season long loan".

I suppose the precedent is Rangers pulling him from Rotherham because he wasn't playing and like Long he can't have any complaints about not starting,

An update on the TV stream for the League Cup Game against St Johnstone.

It will cost £12 via the ppv site. Please note that this is not included within the Season ticket scheme (as we got the first home European game instead). Just incase anyone only has the season ticket account then you will need to make a ppv account to view this stream.

The game will take place on Saturday 28th November 2020 at 3pm.

Source: https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/11/23/next-up-st-johnstone-6/

You could have signed me on deadline day and it wouldn't have reflected well on Jordan White's start to the season. He is fucking dug meat. 

Edited by Desp