Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I think Gallagher and Halkett merited a Scotland call-up while at Livi and you could argue they outperformed Kelly and Dykes. The contrasting fortunes of Gallagher and Halkett has been stark and I think goes to show that your teammates can really f*ck it up for you. You guys are in a similar boat to us in that these players didn't come through our youth setup, so no compo case, and we lost them on free transfers. Tbh, it's not a big deal, Halkett and Lawless signed one year extensions so I knew they were going and I'm much happier we had them in the team than losing them earlier. 

Edited by crispy

7 hours ago, crispy said:

I think Gallagher and Halkett merited a Scotland call-up while at Livi and you could argue they outperformed Kelly and Dykes. The contrasting fortunes of Gallagher and Halkett has been stark and I think goes to show that your teammates can really f*ck it up for you. You guys are in a similar boat to us in that these players didn't come through our youth setup, so no compo case, and we lost them on free transfers. Tbh, it's not a big deal, Halkett and Lawless signed one year extensions so I knew they were going and I'm much happier we had them in the team than losing them earlier. 

Gallagher had to move to a real team to see if he was actually good rather than being propped up by a plastic park.

Looks like Halkett was found out.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

The Hall of Fame thing is happening again.

El_I-UAXgAMaAx9?format=jpg&name=small

EmeXJbXXMAYNycv?format=jpg&name=small

Em9PhjbWEAUkS-O?format=jpg&name=small

They are all in the "hard to argue with" category to put it mildly - and Cooper remains the best player I've seen playing for us, so I approve.

Given the nature of Motherwell supporters, I can't help but think that they should do a Hall of Dugshite alongside this as it would go down an absolute storm. (I nominate Andy Roddie, John Hendry and Paul Kinnaird)

Do Saints get a cut of the PPV cash?  They might push the price up based on their home prices, other than that £10-12?

We do; however the PPV price we have is to protect the season ticket holders, it’s not to maximise profit, we just wanted to be fair to those who put a lump sum into the club based on faith.

I wouldn’t imagine we’ll push that price for PPV in the cup, I’d imagine it’ll be set between £10-15.

11 hours ago, ropy said:

Saw10 minutes of the U21 match on Free Sport tonight, Maguire looks well involved.

I think we should stick with him in midfield, with O'Hara at centre half, on Saturday even though Mugabi and Lamie are now back fit. We might as well give him a run of games to see if he's going to make it.

49 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I think we should stick with him in midfield, with O'Hara at centre half, on Saturday even though Mugabi and Lamie are now back fit. We might as well give him a run of games to see if he's going to make it.

Would agree with this, in what I feel will turn out to be a fair to middling season for us. Don't think there's any real chance of us being in bother at the bottom, but likewise doubt we'll be challenging for the best of the rest berths. A comfortable 5th to 8th place finish I would say. 

The boy has the right attitude, and a run of games could see him kick on, so give him the opportunity. Certainly a much better option than the defensive catastrophe that is Ricky Lamie. 

29 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The thing is, 5th place might well qualify for Europe. Having missed out on a trip this year I'd love to get the chance next year. Even if are plodding along mid-table we need to do what we can to push for 5th.

5th potentially gets a European conference spot, aye, which... Realistically, might be a good laugh for teams of our size? 

Sure we might still get papped out by a part-time mob, but it gives the impression we might get some actually winnable European ties. 

We finished 5th in McGhee's lost season when he was parachuted in to replace Bara.

After 12 games we were sitting 10th on 11 points.

419050137_ScreenShot2020-11-19at12_29_18.png.d7514005b49a42747d0e146c79ebeccb.png

and finished 5th on 50 points

220682691_ScreenShot2020-11-19at12_31_14.thumb.png.9f511b9bd168bc8a259b79fc90edd387.png

That season was largely defined by two decent runs of form through December then mid-February to April.

1958318196_ScreenShot2020-11-19at12_33_07.thumb.png.26b1175354b91f4bda1553cdab2034ee.png

5th place should certainly be the major goal for this season (besides the basic goal of jot being relegated and the hopefull good cup run goals). After qualifying for europe last season amd not being able to travel was devestating for me. The last European game before that, i was unable to afford the travel (just about leaving highschool) so any european tour would be great!

I feel that we have a decent enought squad to reach 5th. My only worries os really for next season when we wont jave O'donnell, Gallagher, Campbell, etc. And who we will get in to replace them.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The donkey replaced the thoroughbred last night, and gave donkeys a pretty good name.

I think he's a decent donkey. I have no issues with him making appearances when/if needed. He's like Dave McPherson. Decent but a donkey.