Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

He fully deserves his chance to make some serious money from the game to use as a pension. A 3 year deal with an English Championship club could set him up for life and he must be casting envious glances at McKenna. I'm just wondering if we'll get anything for him - is he out of contract at the end of this season?

And all the ‘expert’ pundits dropped him for McKenna.

You wonder what Craig halkett as thinking. He was considered the better centre half leaving livi. Dec is now an established international and should be playing in a major tournament next year and well on his way to another big move and halkett is in the championship.

53 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

He fully deserves his chance to make some serious money from the game to use as a pension. A 3 year deal with an English Championship club could set him up for life and he must be casting envious glances at McKenna. I'm just wondering if we'll get anything for him - is he out of contract at the end of this season?

Aye, he's out of contract in the summer. It was a two year deal he signed.

"Declan Gallagher has signed a pre-contract agreement with the club.

The 6ft 5in centre back will join the club in the summer on a two-year deal, following the expiry of his current contract with Livingston."

Link

If nothing else he's been another in the line of players who have been able to use the club as a platform to build his career. He didn't cost us anything and we're making good on our promise to make him a better player (around 40 seconds in the wee video below from last year).

If nothing else he's been another in the line of players who have been able to use the club as a platform to build his career. He didn't cost us anything and we're making good on our promise to make him a better player (around 40 seconds in the wee video below from last year).

Thanks. I had it in my head for some reason that he had signed an extension. Wishful thinking unfortunately.

Hopefully someone's had a word with Watt that he's got a shot at making the squad if he stays "motivated" all season.
He really has. Our striking options outside Dykes and Griffiths (when he's 100% fit) are poor and a fit, motivated Tony Watt is definitely no worse an option than Mcburnie.

Wouldn't be massively surprised if Celtic take a punt on Gallagher, either in January or in the summer for hee-haw. With his Mrs due again, it would provide a massive boost in wages with no need to up sticks and move away. 

Considering the clusterfuck they've made by paying £50k a week for Shane Duffy, it's a money saver for them as well. 

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Hopefully someone's had a word with Watt that he's got a shot at making the squad if he stays "motivated" all season.

This is going to be a massive factor in the remainder of the season, I reckon. 

Everyone and their maw running themselves into the ground to sit next to Andrew Considine and I'm ready for it.

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

This is going to be a massive factor in the remainder of the season, I reckon. 

Everyone and their maw running themselves into the ground to sit next to Andrew Considine and I'm ready for it.

If I was Steve Clarke I'd just turn up at random games every week and pretend to take notes for a laugh.

I'm sure you've all been sitting in anticipation, but Jordan White no longer breaks my ranking model, and isn't even bottom of it.

He sits in 137th place, out of 138, with Junior Morais at St Mirren the only player below him.

Moult is now 22nd in terms of strikers over the past 4 seasons for his 17/18 season, if you exclude the players this season (small sample size alert), he's 19th. Still not finished yet so he might go higher.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure you've all been sitting in anticipation, but Jordan White no longer breaks my ranking model, and isn't even bottom of it.

He sits in 137th place, out of 138, with Junior Morais at St Mirren the only player below him.

Moult is now 22nd in terms of strikers over the past 4 seasons for his 17/18 season, if you exclude the players this season (small sample size alert), he's 19th. Still not finished yet so he might go higher.

Moult's always struck me as someone who might be underrated a bit by statistical models. He had a decent return but a lot of the things that endeared him to folk - lobbing goalies, running himself into the ground, scoring a ridiculous amount of goals against the OF, Aberdeen and Accies- aren't exactly things you can quantify empirically.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Moult's always struck me as someone who might be underrated a bit by statistical models. He had a decent return but a lot of the things that endeared him to folk - lobbing goalies, running himself into the ground, scoring a ridiculous amount of goals against the OF, Aberdeen and Accies- aren't exactly things you can quantify empirically.

Tbf he's dragged down by only playing half of 17/18, as minutes played are now used in conjunction with club ELO.

If I put his 16/17 season in he should be close, or in, the top 10 overall.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can't work out how there's a worse striker than Jordan White. Please show your working. 😂

47 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I can't work out how there's a worse striker than Jordan White. Please show your working. 😂

I've actually made a mistake, it's Craig Wighton who's below him, for 18/19.

White above him by the simple fact I added in aerial duels won, so White has now done something, while Wighton done literally nothing.

20201114_224356.thumb.jpg.06fd116c8c4d1bfefe252b3c1131c5ce.jpg

Ratings for this season are low due to a lack of minutes compared to previous seasons, but Chris Long is on course for a stinking score.

On 13/11/2020 at 12:38, steelmen said:

And all the ‘expert’ pundits dropped him for McKenna.

You wonder what Craig halkett as thinking. He was considered the better centre half leaving livi. Dec is now an established international and should be playing in a major tournament next year and well on his way to another big move and halkett is in the championship.

Gallagher was my MOTM on Thursday but I would have started McKenna over him. Glad Clarke made the choice he did though.