Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Like other have suggested I'll be going "offline" from 3pm on Saturday and will reappear that evening. 

The only way I'd consider £20 would be if there was a few of us gathering to watch it and that obviously cannot be done at the moment. 

I don’t know if I have the discipline to switch off.  At one level I am aware I would have paid £20+ plus petrol to attend the match.  But on  another the quality of the game will be poor and it’s on the telly at 6pm.  It would be easier if the sun was out and I had better things to do.

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

I don’t know if I have the discipline to switch off.  At one level I am aware I would have paid £20+ plus petrol to attend the match.  But on  another the quality of the game will be poor and it’s on the telly at 6pm.  It would be easier if the sun was out and I had better things to do.

I plan on going a cycle up the old Ravenscraig site. I love that place. Podcasts in the ears and all notifications off, then probably somewhere else until I go home and help feed the wean.

46 minutes ago, ropy said:

I go to most away games, so I would very likely have been paying the £25 to sit and suffer like I did in the other games at Livi - but I can't bring myself to do the same to watch it on the laptop. I started the season with the intention of paying for all our away games (apart from the OF) as I want to support the clubs but with Livi's pricing, that's out the window. 

Despite paying it every other week, I don't think that actually being at a normal league game for £20+ represents any sort of value for money - it's simply overpriced - and being asked to pay that amount without the part that most of us enjoy is a step too far. I'll be interested to see how the core support of clubs that are getting used to <£15 for streams view an instant rise back towards the old pricing model in the future. 

11 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'd pay £40 to not to be hounded for 15 minutes before the game and every second of half-time by Livingston's stadium announcer. 

Aye - there's a local radio channel (Campbelltown FM, The Driving Heart of Kintyre!) missing their 2pm weekday presenter.

Besides the Pieman their are no other fit goalies at the club.

Carson and fox out with knee injuries. Morrison and Connelly are both on loan at Falkirk. Robbie Hemfrey left for Stoke.

I assume we will try and get another keeper in until we can recall Morrison. The only other option is 48 year old  goalie coach Craig Hinchcliffe pulling a Petr Cech and registering as a player.

There he is..

Can't say I know too much about him but he looks a decent signing on paper. He was a regular in the English Championship until a couple of seasons ago and has obviously been called up for Scotland.

In all honesty my criteria for a keeper these days is "don't be Craig Samson" so he passes the first test.

18 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Can't say I know too much about him but he looks a decent signing on paper. He was a regular in the English Championship until a couple of seasons ago and has obviously been called up for Scotland.

In all honesty my criteria for a keeper these days is "don't be Craig Samson" so he passes the first test.

I know it is standard P&B for people to pile on and slag off new signings and in the end many of them turn out really well despite that......but I watch quite a bit of Millwall and he really wasn't very good. He was widely regarded by their fans as a liability who got way more games than he should have, and there was bemusement when he was called up by Scotland. After being freed by them he has failed to find a permanent deal anywhere and here he is on another short term contract. 

It might turn out great but I'd be a bit wary of making too much of the "international keeper" thing or setting your expectations too high. 

Edited by Waspie

13 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I know it is standard P&B for people to pile on and slag off new signings and in the end many of them turn out really well despite that......but I watch quite a bit of Millwall and he really wasn't very good. He was widely regarded by their fans as a liability who got way more games than he should have, and there was bemusement when he was called up by Scotland. After being freed by them he has failed to find a permanent deal anywhere and here he is on another short term contract. 

It might turn out great but I'd be a bit wary of making too much of the "international keeper" thing or setting your expectations too high. 

Not. Craig. Samson. There, that's my expectations suitably managed.

Just as well too, as on our current run of luck it's almost inevitable that Chapman will be attacked by a swarm of African killer bees at Livingston on Saturday, and be out until the heat death of the universe.

22 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Who is setting their expectations high. Most of us know he will likely be injured in a few weeks and we will be looking for our 41st keeper of the season. As someone else said - as long as he is no Craig Samson then we are already in positive territory. 

ETA - Dr Manhattan beat me too it and was more amusing...

Edited by welldaft

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Who is setting their expectations high. Most of us know he will likely be injured in a few weeks and we will be looking for our 41st keeper of the season. As someone else said - as long as he is no Craig Samson then we are already in positive territory. 

The reactions to the club tweet suggest great excitement 😁. But that's twitter. 

Anyway, perhaps Motherwell will be the place where Archer gets his career back on track. Good luck to him and Well.

22 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I mean, that would be fair warning if this was a long term gig but the hand we've been dealt is that we've one fit goalkeeper at the club outside of the transfer window so we really are in beggars can't be choosers territory.

As it is we've brought in a guy with 166 games for Millwall and was largely competent in his handful of games with Oxford according to their fans.

He's signed on a short term deal until the January window opens at which point we'll probably reassess things depending on how Carson's rehab is going.

Granted the "international keeper" tag is pushing it but equally there's no lie there. He's got a cap and Motherwell's media team aren't going to miss that sort of tap in.

3 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Just as well too, as on our current run of luck it's almost inevitable that Chapman will be attacked by a swarm of African killer bees at Livingston on Saturday, and be out until the heat death of the universe.

There were fuckin LOADS of wasps there on the opening day of the season last year, TBF. 

Honestly hoping we never see Archer tbh. Thon Pie laddie collected some crosses, looked like he got nowhere near shots. Dunno quite what to make of that.