Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

When Polworth gets on the ball in space he is always trying to make a positive pass forward even if it doesn't come off. Turnbull was less likely to try risky passes and more content to keep possession. And for us keeping possession isn't the most important thing since we are equipped with the players to win the ball back when the game gets messy. It also gives defenders time to recover and get set.

Polworth has better delivery for free kicks and corners imo.

Just now, Desp said:

That the boy that was in a few Scotland squads? 

It is. Capped once and fucked it.

166 games for Millwall over 4 seasons - 2 in League 1, 2 in the Championship.

Last games he played were for Oxford on a short term deal. Fulham brought him in as cover in January - didn't play a game though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Archer

On your Turnbull/Polworth stuff, we had the same with Matty Kennedy last season.

Playing so well it felt like every attack had to go through him, then he left and Wotherspoon came in and we became more of a team (that sounds harsh on Kennedy when its not intended the way it sounds) and looked better off.

45 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He doesn't say emergency loan. He says emergency deal.

It's an emergency because we only have one fit first team goalkeeper at the club.

I'm hallucinating, I thought it said emergency loan. Right you are. :lol:

22 minutes ago, Swello said:

Given how we tend to play at Livi, I would struggle to stomach paying £2 TBH 

Me to, given there is rarely any football played at Livi they should be setting the payment bar low, not high.

They didn't want the price to be less than the average cost per game for a season ticket holder (roughly £17 IIRC) so came up with a price a good bit above everyone else who generally took the view that season ticket holders were prioritising supporting the club over value for money and any income at all for PPV is beneficial. I can see where they're coming from in a way but am highly unlikely to pay it on Saturday.

58 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

They didn't want the price to be less than the average cost per game for a season ticket holder (roughly £17 IIRC) so came up with a price a good bit above everyone else who generally took the view that season ticket holders were prioritising supporting the club over value for money and any income at all for PPV is beneficial. I can see where they're coming from in a way but am highly unlikely to pay it on Saturday.

They're not wanting to piss off their own fans which I get but are going to lose out on away fans which will include me as well.

Im sure Livi fans who bought season tickets could live with the cost being lower if it generated an extra income stream for their club.  I don’t know anyone who is going to pay to watch it so surely they would be better getting 500 Well fans at £12.50 than 50 at £20

For me Rangers, Celtic and to a lesser extent Aberdeen are significantly ahead of everyone else, then there's Hibs, Killie and us in the next category. Hibs have obviously been very impressive results wise but are probably doing a bit better than their performances have merited.  I could be wrong but I'd be surprised if they keep managing to eke out 1 goal victories over the bottom 8 every week all season and I expect the race for 4th to get a bit closer at that point.

Like other have suggested I'll be going "offline" from 3pm on Saturday and will reappear that evening. 

The only way I'd consider £20 would be if there was a few of us gathering to watch it and that obviously cannot be done at the moment. 

26 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We kind of need PJ Morrison this weekend, so if you wouldn't mind leaving him where he is, that'd be cool thanks.

I think you're safe on that one. The chat seems to be that we're looking to bring another 'keeper in.

Jordan Archer was the name Nixon mentioned yesterday.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Link

Meniscus tear for Carson, out til January at least.  

That's really rubbish for Carson as he's slotted back in this season like he's never been away. Must be hard to keep it together when you get the kind of luck he's had..