Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

47 minutes ago, santheman said:

Do we even have enough players  left for him to coach as they all seem to have gone out on loan somewhere

He was promoted to First Team Coach earlier this year so he's part of the first team coaching staff now.

1376611729_ScreenShot2020-10-19at19_12_23.thumb.png.c5007bb062a812f1838dbdc9e2f1c3af.png

Also, vaguely related: https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/10/19/tackling-the-new-challenges-of-developing-young-talent/

“We also then analyse the player in games so they can work on it when they are back in the building during the week.

“Generally most weeks they will be with us one to two days. They are still very much in the circle.'

Obviously pleased to hear that those players being loaned out are still involved through the week but given they're playing in the lower leagues where protocols are a bit more lax I'm curious how that impacts on the testing (especially in light of Ross getting mouthy about other clubs having been riddled by the 'rona).

Edited by capt_oats

6 hours ago, Swami said:

I know it shouldn’t really bother me, but would it not be a good idea for someone to have a word with Maurice Ross and tell him to shut the f**k up about Rangers being ‘the best coached team in the league’ while he’s an employee of another of the teams in the league? 

Bugs the life out of me, we’ve had plenty of ex **** spouting off every time their spoon fed questions by the media, should be written into their contracts to shut the f**k up about the old firm as the people who support the club that’s paying their wages basically don’t want to hear any gushing over the 2 blights on Scottish football.

54 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He was promoted to First Team Coach earlier this year so he's part of the first team coaching staff now.

1376611729_ScreenShot2020-10-19at19_12_23.thumb.png.c5007bb062a812f1838dbdc9e2f1c3af.png

Also, vaguely related: https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/10/19/tackling-the-new-challenges-of-developing-young-talent/

Obviously pleased to hear that those players being loaned out are still involved through the week but given they're playing in the lower leagues where protocols are a bit more lax I'm curious how that impacts on the testing (especially in light of Ross getting mouthy about other clubs having been riddled by the 'rona).

Knew he was part of the first team coaching staff but thought he was still in charge of the reserves as well

That thought did cross my mind as well and I am assuming they might be subject to a more rigorous testing regime or even kept apart completely from the first team

That kind of info might make a good episode of Inside Motherwell as I know I would be interested to see how all the different protocols work 

I can’t remember the name of the poster on here who, although talking up Rangers at every available opportunity, said he was a Motherwell fan. He seems to have disappeared from here at the same time as Maurice Ross’ rise in the media. A coincidence?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I can’t remember the name of the poster on here who, although talking up Rangers at every available opportunity, said he was a Motherwell fan. He seems to have disappeared from here at the same time as Maurice Ross’ rise in the media. A coincidence?

It's MJC, and it's absolutely hilarious how easily he has people frothing at the mouth just by saying "Rangers".

On the topic of big Beavis being out for 6 weeks with a dislocated shoulder, remember the days of Scott Leitch's shoulder dislocating during the game once a month or so, and each time he'd head over to the sidelines to get it strapped to his torso, and back on he came 😂.

21 hours ago, capt_oats said:

That photo looks suspiciously like the bold Mo' is the manager, flanked by his underlings...

17 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've obviously no idea what goes on internally but based solely off their public appearences I'd feel a lot less worried with Ross as manager than Lasley if it comes to it.

I am no even sure, He seems a bit more "John Brown" every time I read something from him

I don't know what to make of him. He makes far more tactical insights than any regular on sportsound (not hard) and can tell he lives for football but at the same time he seems to have the charisma of Father Stone from Father Ted. A good hand to have if you were a manager but would bore the tits off the players if he was in charge.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I am no even sure, He seems a bit more "John Brown" every time I read something from him

I've always kind of had my suspicions about him largely based on him doing an Open Goal with Si Ferry (just before he got the gig with us) and hearing him cite John Brown as an influence when he was at Ibrox but then again those are his experiences so I'm hesitant to judge. That doesn't mean anything in terms of Mo Ross as a coach it just means I think John Brown's an obvious c**t - so it's my issue not his.

He came across well - if not exactly a barrel of laughs - in the MFC Podcasts he did (and that Open Goal episode tbf) and if nothing else seemed to fully buy into what the club was doing in terms of development and as @gannonball says he seems to be extremely serious about coaching and the game in general.

We've always been open to players/coaches doing media work on the side, it raises their profile a bit and supplements their income so there's no real issue on that front. It worked out very well with McDonald and Craigan while McManus was far more low key. I don't really recall any of them causing as much fuss as Ross has with his St Mirren/Covid/Sevco hot takes though.

Spoiler

Edited by capt_oats

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

St Mirren are wanks and I'm perfectly happy for our coaching staff to go on Sportsound and slander them.

I actually heard this is on Sportsound whilst in my car on Sunday.

Ross sounds like he's trying to come across a bit edgy, and get more media gigs - but to be fair, when he mentioned teams possibly using Covid as an excuse for getting games called off due to other injuries etc......he did say, "I'm not saying St Mirren did this" or words to those effect - he was just offering a hypothetical scenario.  Tony Fitzpatrick's jumped on that, but he's not the brightest is he?