Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'd love to see Dunne back playing, but I get the feeling he may have kicked his last baw as a Motherwell player. The "TBC" on his return date, coupled with the fact he has had one season in the last four where he's not had a large spells out with groin/pelvic injuries makes me think we might just be letting him get fit. In any case, by this point, I think the effective Dunne from the second half of the 18/19 season wouldn't be the one we see.

I think the problem this year is we have so many decidedly average players. You can get by with a shirt-filler or two, but when the team is plagued with them you have a problem. As well as them getting a lot of game time, it strikes me that Robinson pinned a lot of his hopes on Long and Hastie being good this season, when both have had little impact all in. In fact, this is probably the second season we would've seen off Hastie had he not gone to Rangers, so we should perhaps be thankful of the compensation we did manage to get.

Was discussed among my mates yesterday, would it be that much of a surprise to see Hartley sign in January when the Indian season finishes if we continue to do so badly?

1 hour ago, Tap in 94 said:

What's Devante Cole like guys? We're (dundee united)  being linked with him 

I liked him. He wasn't prolific by any means but we struggled to replace him once he went back to Wigan. Our dip in form in February was largely down to us losing Cole and Scott in January.

His leap against Killie was one of our most aesthetically pleasing goals of last season IMO.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I liked him. He wasn't prolific by any means but we struggled to replace him once he went back to Wigan. Our dip in form in February was largely down to us losing Cole and Scott in January.

His leap against Killie was one of our most aesthetically pleasing goals of last season IMO.

giphy.gif

What a baw in that is by Carroll. Any word on when he's due back? 

1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Right after we’ve had a bid rejected for the St Mirren player. Looks like an agent trying to get his player out there.

No way can we afford Campbell.

Its just Ron having some fun getting Cormack to ring round every other club jizzing his cash between now and when the "window slams shut".

Then at the 11th hour we will pull another Josh Vela dobber out the "rejects" drawer.

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You might be testing our resolve. He's out of contract in June. A wee tester bid might be what's what.

We would be due potentially between £500k and £1m in compo. 

He would not be leaving for less than £1m this window. 

We are as well keeping him for the season if a bid of anything less comes in. 

It's Scott Burns so there's probably something in it.

It's a weird story though. It basically says Hibs like Allan Campbell (I'm sure they do) but goes on to say:

Hibs know they can offer more in terms of wages and would be willing to pay the £200,000 in compensation now , but it all depends if other clubs in Scotland or England come in.

The Edinburgh club would even be prepared to do a deal in this window but are unlikely to get to the levels where Motherwell would look to do an immediate deal.

The problem is that Campbell’s stock has grown rapidly in recent months and there is likely to be stiff competition for his signature.

Link

So Hibs can't afford what we want for him just now and even what they're willing to pay we'd be due more than double that in development comp if he leaves at the end of his deal.

It 100% sounds like an agent flying a kite.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

We would be due potentially between £500k and £1m in compo. 

He would not be leaving for less than £1m this window. 

We are as well keeping him for the season if a bid of anything less comes in. 

Not a chance we would get near a million. 500K maybe.